Author Topic: Kaiser 4 doors for sale, ?? before scrapping them  (Read 2926 times)

lohman

• View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser 4 doors for sale, ?? before scrapping them
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:52:12 PM »
We have two old 4 door Kaisers sitting on the farm. My Grandparents (in-law) bought one of them new in 1951. Trying to figure out if they are worth a little to someone, or if we should just scrap them. Let me know if your interested, one does have a visor that we would consider parting out. We are located in the middle of Missouri, a few miles West of Jefferson City.

Here are some pics in three different sizes, 800, 640, 320. Click on link to review all

http://icreek.com/kaiser/

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:56:48 PM by lohman »

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser 4 doors for sale, ?? before scrapping them
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 09:05:16 AM »
That was 4 years ago.  These aren't Mustangs or Camaros, so I would beat a $10 note they are now rear quarter panels on a Toyota or part of the Chinese skyline.
No old cars owned.

51Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:28:20 PM »
Well, you have to give the owners credit for offering them here first!

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »
Well, you have to give the owners credit for offering them here first!

I do give them great credit for trying!  Absolutely.  If a KF geek wanted to, they could get a nice 3 KF project collection for less then $1000 and restore them over a few years with parts readily available (for the most part) then enjoy those cars over several years.

This could not be said for the "usual" crowd of Tri Five Chevy's, Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs and 'Cudas etc.  I have seen 55-57 Chevy four doors on Craigs List - total junk - offered for $2000 + ??? 

I am just saying that most sellers want the cars removed quickly by the time they post ads like this one.  I suspect they are gone by now.  However, a caveat, it takes a lot of hard work to move these cars and a lot of times, owners place these ads simply because they want someone else to do the heavy lifting (figuratively and actually).

So, they might still be there.  For a salvage crusher to come there, get them and take them to the crusher, they would probably WANT $100 or so per car rather then PAYING $400 or so per car so when faced with this reality, they try to sell the cars.  Possible win-win, they get some money, the motivated buyer gets a car, but most importantly, the motivated buyer REMOVES the cars. 
No old cars owned.