Author Topic: Floor pan  (Read 2082 times)

Lisa P

• View Profile
    • Email
Floor pan
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »
I was wondering if anyone here has had success buying new floor pans for a '48 Kaiser?  I have no problem fabricating some either but was unsure what gauge sheetmetal to use, any advice is appreciated!  I hope these pictures show you what I'm up against.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phins_stuff/

As always, thanks in advance.

dpledger

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Floor pan
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:18:12 AM »
I was in your situation, generally, with my '53 a couple of years back. There are occasionally pans available, but they don't generally cover enough area for a really bad situation. I made what amounted to new floors (salvaged the center hump for the most part, which saved a lot of shaping) out of 18 gauge steel, which was used on '53's and as far as I know was used on all Kaisers and Frazers (floor support channels seemed to be 16.) Had I used the patch type panels I would have had to add a lot around the edges anyway, so they didn't seem to have much of an advantage. I believe the early series' have flatter floors, so should be less of a project.

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »
Check out the latest Hemmings Motor News.  There is an advertiser in there. I got a front set for my '51 Frazer but had to do quite a bit of trimming and additional patch panels as the pair did not match very well....but better than doing it all myself.
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan

Lisa P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »
Found them, they look like they will need some "massaging" but you're right Doc, better than doing it all myself.  The company is C2C fabrication.  Now all I need to find are rocker panels for a '48.

mow4alivn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 07:15:42 PM »
Might try this guy on ebay look up item number 130342025488. I bought a set from him for my 53 manhattan. There not to bad but I have to do some adjustments to them.

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 11:19:37 AM »
Back when Fred Walker was still living someone in his shop was making floor pans for various KF years. I don't know if they are still available or not. Fred's wife is doing the parts buiness now I think.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)