Author Topic: Details about 1947 Other Makes Series F 1st generation  (Read 2976 times)

jake

• View Profile
    • Email
 :'(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:47:49 PM by jake »
EX- Member #7416 

NO Club.. 

Just a lone wolf..

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Details about 1947 Other Makes Series F 1st generation
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:43:00 AM »
Nice early production of a  Frazer. Note : seperet letters for F R A Z E R .
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:45 AM »
I noted that the firewall is white (or at least a light color). Perhaps that indicates the car's original color?
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:29 AM »
Thanks r1lark . I was looking on My phone & did not notice that.

Here on this & any forum I think one should have Paint & Trim Numbers & state if original Colors & interior. This would also make the product worth more Money.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
Good thought but unfortunately a lot of people use this as a free ad and have no idea (and perhaps little interest) when it comes to describing they put the info they want to up & then wait for the offers to roll in.

Maybe we should post ad requirements and not allow "incomplete" items to be posted.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 12:07:43 PM »
kaiserfrazerlibrary , & Jake,

I know We can not keep Craigslist or Other sources correct.

But for Our Forum K.F. for Sale it would be good to say or Do Paint & Trim #'s so We know if Original. If they don't know someone could help to find. Plus, good to know New Owner so they could join Our Club. You would be surprised how many Sell & forgot to ask , Are You a Member & or Would You be a member ?

See now I will have to back track but was on Craigslist. Someone had an All Vinyl Dragon for sale. I noticed on the firewall it did not have the plates. I am still waiting for what We would know should be on them. I was then going to ask vin so could look on Dragon List but no response. We are touching 25 of Paint 099 Trim 5312. But need to know if a Old one that left the club has come back ?

Bottom line, I would feel secure to Buy & Sale on Our Forum & Better &  More in Our News letter. This is good for the Club. But should be a disclaimers like We do if someone post on Our news letter Club member is posting for some one. This works.

Jake & Others, I think this is wonderful finding K.F. in other locations. Main thing is a disclaimer tell Members to check if Original ? Our True club members will We know. I though would hate for a Newbie to buy on a tip on Our forum from Craigslist , Auction, Ebay or other, then We tell them not Original. Then they may be mad at Our club.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:15:11 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 01:58:23 PM »
Remember folks, quite a few who post items for sale here are not club members, or are not versed in the ways of selling. I would not expect someone to include things like trim tag information in a for sale ad...instead...if a potential buyer wants more information, they need only post a question or email the seller directly.

We're all aware of what goes into making a KF "right", but there are great many out there who are only interested in moving the car, part, or whatever along to a new owner.

So, let's not put requirements on what needs to be included in a forum ad - if we do I can guarantee a fair number of folks will go elsewhere.

And, yes, I know that occasionally folks do not respond to requests for more information. If that happens then it's their loss as they've ignored a potential sale.

Lastly, anyone who asks for an opinion about the condition of an item for sale is getting just that, an opinion. My version of a "nice car" may not be the next person's and I have to believe that most people understand that.

Just my two cents worth.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »
I second all of the above  joefrazer .

I hope in keeping the club going We always Buying & Selling try to get New Members in the Club.  We always say hope Our product is sold to a Member. I say sell to a non Member, Do all We can on getting them to Join Our fine club New Member.

joefrazer I thought We had a post on promoting the Club ? Getting More to Join . Plus: Like You & Others said, We have all spent a lot of time educating non Club Members in a Post. Could You repeat where this subject is ?
I was thinking in the President Monthly Meeting ?