Author Topic: Dragon Or Deluxe ?  (Read 1043 times)

Mr Manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dragon Or Deluxe ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 04:37:56 AM »
You need to see the trim number on the car's body tag along with the paint.  Originally, the "dragon" trim package was just that.  You ordered a 1951 Kaiser Deluxe with the "dragon" package that included mandatory Hydra-Matic transmission as well as the other stuff in the accessory group and trim particulars.  It was after the 1951 Chicago Auto Show (or thereabouts) that the company pushed the Dragon thing.  The cars had no special script, tag on the glove box, or other things that the 1953's did but they expanded the range of colors and trims and started using the "Jade Dragon", "Golden Dragon" and the other names that appear in various Confidential Bulletins.

KFOCI HANDBOOK has more information on the 1951 Dragon Package.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
The hood ornament is incorrect in this Picture for 1951. I may be wrong but it should be the spear like all 51 Kaiser, but the pointed front part should be Black ?  See this is when You need to look up History in handbook & the Last Onslaught on Detroit... It is hard to remember all. kaiserfrazerlibrary is one of the best on History. Pick Out the models Your most interested & learn as much as You can. This is what makes it Fun.

The codes on the Paint & Trim Plate on firewall & Vin number on driver side door Jam Helps.
Then You can go to the 1951 Year List of Dragons & Deluxe that was found & or in Our Club. If not on list Your a Winner & it is A Winner to, You found another still around.

1953 Has the Dragon List. I have that one almost memorized.

First run Early Dragons in 1951 did not have Vinyl Top. End of 51 Dragons they Did.

1952 was what they call a shot Year in Production Run just like 2002. If Your at a Dealer You try to make an order for current Year Vehicle like normal, Manufacture  will say Sorry We will take no more orders ? They will tell You We are going to be retooling for a New model for next Year. Lincoln did it in 2002, Dodge did it when they made the New Dodge Decota, smaller version of the already popular full size Dodge Truck.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:28:08 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 01:32:49 PM »
That hood ornament is indeed a '53 Kaiser hood ornament. The '51 Kaiser ornament has clear plastic. Only the '52 Virginians had black plastic on the hood ornament.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:01:18 PM »
Thanks Fid.

Like I said We have many Models through the Years. Its hard to remember them all. K.F.O.C. We take Our favorites & study them, But Today I have to go back & make certain...   Handbook saves Us all... Our Club Members as well on the specs.
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.