Author Topic: information needed???  (Read 1311 times)

Docs52

• My 1953 Kaiser Deluxe Sedan
    • View Profile
    • Email
information needed???
« on: July 10, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »
 :-\Hello everyone,
I have a just acquired another 1953 Kaiser Deluxe with bad engine and trans.  :'( but, I love the body style and I have a restored 289 small block 3spd. trans lying around will it fit in the engine compartment? Has anybody done this before? If so, how?
Thanks everybody,
Doc Wasson ;)

kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: information needed???
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:05:04 AM »
I can`t see why it shouldn't work, for starters you have the distributor in front so that is good, of course you will have to make new engine and trans mount and make the driveshaft fit the new trans but that want be too difficult,remember to post some pics here when your done.Good Luck.

rialto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:28:33 AM »
Most Ford V8s have the oil pan sump in the front. Kaisers have it in the rear. You probably will have oil pan interference with the cross member. A special pan and pickup tube would solve the problem. The Chevy V8 has it in the rear and makes it easier. The Ford would be a refreshing change from all the Chevy swaps.

boatingbill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »
Kaiserbill on his website had a pictorial of putting a nova subframe in a 51 Kaiser, cutting the fame at the firewall. He had great details
how to do this project and have a modern V8 with disc brakes etc. Lots of pictures that are now gone. I wish we could get these
pictures on the Forum with updates and have a easier way for members to have instructions for a modern drive line with AC if they
want.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
This is a 4.3 chevy V6 in Mac Wells Henry J. Henry Js present  the same tie rod clearance issues as the big Kaisers when swapping engines.He kept all the bells and whistles. It is plenty powerful and they are readily available at reasonable prices. I know of several other 4.3 installations. The V8 Chevy almost always requires surgery of the firewall to accept the distributor. If I remember correctly Mac first tried a Ford engine because he was a lot of experience with Ford.

http://www.henryjcars.com/hjc25/auburn2/wells/DCP_5089_600x400.JPG
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:30:54 PM by Corsairdeluxe »
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.