Author Topic: How do I get a club roster, if they are available?  (Read 5337 times)

jake

• View Profile
    • Email
How do I get a club roster, if they are available?
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:44:42 AM »
 :'(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:22:47 PM by jake »
EX- Member #7416 

NO Club.. 

Just a lone wolf..

FleetMaster

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How do I get a club roster, if they are available?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 05:16:03 AM »
Why not renew?  Clearly from your postings you have a passion for the cars and contribute to the forum frequently with gusto.  You have helped me and countless others.  Cost is small, rewards can be big.
1923 T Roadster- stock
1951 Frazer Convertible
1951 Frazer Vagabond home couple weeks
1953 Packard Clipper Sedan
2 into 1 1953 Packard 8P sedans- project
1954 Hudson Hornet 4D sedan plus 2 1954 Wasp 2D sedans
1959 Rambler 6 Sedan
1961 Studebaker Hawk 289 3spd od
1964 Studebaker Avanti
1974 Avanti II

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:34:04 AM »
Club rosters are only distributed periodically. One was produced and sent a little over a year ago. There are no plans to produce another paper version in the near future, but we are working on upgrades to our club website which will allow members to produce their own. The advantage of this is that by allowing members to produce their own, all info will be current and not months old like the paper copies.

More to come on this!

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
I have been a member off and on since the 70's and I have never been sent a roster of any kind.   Why did I not get one last year, I was a member in good standing then???    I think the on-line roster is a good thing.
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 12:29:28 PM »
The last roster distributed is dated 2013. PJ...you are listed in it. Why yours was not received would be a question for your post office. As I recall, we did not have trouble with lost mailings but that doesn't mean it didn't happen to a few folks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:13:51 PM by joefrazer »

54manhattan13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »
I don't know about the inner workings of the club.
I have only been a member for a little over a year.
I did receive a club roster with my initial membership, I also think the on line version is an excellent idea.
I visit this site almost daily and I find Jake to be a very busy contributor and I look forward to seeing his postings.
I drove a 54 Manhattan when I got married 51 years ago. I am currently trying to restore a 54 Manhattan and find this forum most helpful, even though I haven't asked for any advise up to the present.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 07:09:25 AM »
The decision on printing or not printing a roster is up to the Club Management.  Those wanting an annual roster should contact Jim Lape and make your feelings known.  Less than 20% of the club membership will use on-line club services due to age, no computer or other reasons.

The roster should be printed to allow members to take the information with them.  It can be handy in cases of breakdown, desire to visit members "on the road", etc.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »
I would like to see the new roster in any form offer a few lines listing members cars if they wish them listed.  That way we can find members with like kinds of cars and it would encourage getting to know your local members where there is not a local club chapter.  Lets get those email addresses listed too.  It is the modern way to communicate!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 04:18:40 PM »
I did some research using the December 2014 mailing list. This list includes full regular and life members but not associates (because they do not receive publications). Fully 57% of the non-associates have an email address on file with the club. And, I did a little more research and found that better than 90% of the new members we've had join over the last year provided an email address with their application.

There's a trend here folks. Newer members rely more on the internet than those who've been members for many years. That follows suit with national trends, younger folks are more likely to use their electronic devices to obtain the information they want.

Knowing this, my goal is to provide club members an opportunity to obtain a roster using electronic media as the primary source. Our club webmaster is working on this right now. There are advantages to developing an electronically available roster that include:
- With an internet connection, your roster always follows you. No need to remember where you last left it. With four Kaisers, it's always a problem for me!
- It costs the club nothing to produce. Save some money here and have it to use elsewhere - on perhaps another Quarterly.
- Members would be able to add other information to their profile that would not be available in a hard copy due to cost. Think pictures of their cars, a short bio, etc.

That said, we will not forget those who are not internet users. In some fashion, a roster will be made available to them, when and if there is a decision to print hard copies. Remember, there are costs associated with paper and they vary widely depending upon the format used, the number printed, and how they would be delivered.

Ultimately, the final decision around hard copy rosters will be made by the elected board of directors since there would be club funds involved.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 04:36:50 AM »
A club roster is being produced as part of a Quarterly magazine and will be mailed to all current members in late December.

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 01:17:45 PM »
I like the idea of an electronic roster not only would it be current but also available to the  computer and phone  I t need to be easily searchable.  when will it be available

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 01:30:37 PM »
Please do not!!! Any easily available roster will put us on endless email solicitations and robo calls.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 08:27:30 AM »
No cut off.  Join any time.  It's a good club to be a member of.

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 09:18:34 AM »
you do have a point I get to many boo calls now

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »
The on-line roster can be made to be accessed by members only.  Let's list our cars also like they can be listed in the Forum!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom