Author Topic: 53 door hinge needed  (Read 1713 times)

kaiserpug

• View Profile
    • Email
53 door hinge needed
« on: December 21, 2009, 11:44:01 PM »
This site has been an awesome help for much needed parts.  Well here I go again.  This time I need front right (passenger side) door hinges for my 53 Manhattan.  If anyone may have a set for sale or a lead I would appreciate it.  Thanks!  - Mike

dpledger

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 53 door hinge needed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:07:59 AM »
Do you need a hinge because yours is missing or because it doesn't work smoothly? In the latter case, one can knock out the pin, hone, and replace, or bore it out a bit if it is corroded badly. In the former, Rudy Phillips had some when I inquired earlier in the year.

kaiserpug

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:49:49 PM »
Actually the car was bought in pieces in 1990 and sat in an enclosed trailer until three weeks ago when I sent it to the shop for a re-paint.  Somehow those hinges were bent, just the one door.  The post was fine as the car never had collision damage, just the hinge.  Just one of those things when you buy a basket case.  Up side is it is a VERY solid car.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
door hinges, most of the time i have found all the door hinge needed was tale it off, flatten it , grease it well ,reinstall and reallign the door. I have found it's best to remove one at a time saves the back they are heavy.