Author Topic: Henry J radio dial faceplate  (Read 2356 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Henry J radio dial faceplate
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »
Question for the group...has anyone figured out a good way to replace the numbers on the glass faceplate on a HJ radio? The Kaiser version has the numbers cast into the glass so "replacing" them was easy. It looks like the numbers on the HJ version were painted (litho'd?) onto the glass and...of course...over the years, they've disintegrated.

Does anyone have a photo of what the faceplate is to look like with the numbers intact? I have the HJ pushbutton radio, not the 49-50K radio that was adapted to fit the J.

Any suggestions are welcome!!

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Henry J radio dial faceplate
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:39:04 PM »
Joe,

Check your e-mail. I sent you a scan of my Henry J Glass Faceplate. I also included a picture of the face of my HJ Radio that shows the glass faceplate really well. Then there is also a company that could make/repair your glass faceplate.

Best,

Mark
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:51:17 PM by AZ_HJ »
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »
Mark is that the scan of the dial face I did a few years ago? If so, it's from an NOS unit Mark bought around 2006 and I installed new capacitors in it for him and when I did, I scanned the dial face plate. This will be as accurate as you can get. I have a file of it too if you need it.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 04:56:47 PM »
Yes Fid this is the scan you did for me a year plus ago. I have contacted the company I listed in the e-mail I sent joefrazer just to see what they say about producing some Glass Dial Faceplates for Henry J Radios. I will let everyone know what they say.
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe