Author Topic: MEMORIAL DAY IS "SPECIAL" FOR ALL OF US  (Read 735 times)

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
MEMORIAL DAY IS "SPECIAL" FOR ALL OF US
« on: May 30, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
My Uncle Cecil Hannemann was from Lincoln County Kansas and a WWII Veteran.  He suffered from PTSD and died after several decades in the Topeka Veteran's Hospital a few years ago.  He bought a 1947 Kaiser Special from the dealer in Salina, KS after driving it only 13,000 miles, and I bought it from his guardian in the early 1970's.  I loved him and he will always be remembered for his service to me and my family.

The enclosed .pdf has many things about the early Kaisers, and hopefully you will find it interesting as well.

God Bless you Uncle Cecil!!

Hollenway

Re: MEMORIAL DAY IS "SPECIAL" FOR ALL OF US
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 04:06:26 PM »
Great read !!!!!   The old Quarterly Magazines - especially those edited by Ben Walker were great club publications.

Thanks for posting this !!!

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MEMORIAL DAY IS "SPECIAL" FOR ALL OF US
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 07:48:22 AM »
Sir,
Thank you for your response.  I still have the car mentioned and another earlier 47 special with about 60,000 miles.  The latter car is still in the barn waiting for me to recover it.  The first runs like a clock now with new tires and very few other minor things needed after being in the barn for about 40 years.  It's hard not to become emotionally involved with the first one due to its history.  Looks like you have quite a few yourself!!  It would be nice to chat sometime with you.