Author Topic: TRIP TO COLORADO  (Read 1550 times)

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
TRIP TO COLORADO
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:08:45 PM »
Wayne Culver , Deb and myself took a trip to Ken and Helen Baker's home in Colorado to get a Willys FC170 . A long way for us but the scenery was great and the hospitality was better . We really enjoyed the visit and wished we could have stayed longer . The info about the black bear coming up to the porch was a little troubling though, and we were not use to the 32 degree weather when we woke up the next morning. Will try to post a picture if I can .

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: TRIP TO COLORADO
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 02:32:19 PM »
So now a Willys owner! There's a Willys & Jeep meet in NC this weekend, probably too late for you to get the FC there. I won't be there either. Congrats and nice to see the Bakers again, been a very long time since I last saw them.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 04:17:13 PM »
Yea . To late for the meet . I just got home from Valley Forge , Pa. where Deb and I attended the reunion for the USS DYESS  DD 880 .  WE had a great time with old friends even though it was rainy and cool .

ldladyvt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 05:02:59 PM »
Hey Mike!  Ken and Helen have a beautiful house and location don't they?  The temp there always makes me home-sick for Vermont in the summer.
I find the air WAY too thin - I have trouble breathing while sleeping......or maybe its the pillow Char has in her hands when I come to.  Bob

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 06:27:03 AM »
Yea Bob . The log house looks great and full of great items such as the working antique gas stove in the kitchen . Looking thru the large windows across the valley at the mountains on the other side , feeding the varments in the yard and just walking around the place . Then Ken takes you to the basement and garage to view the four wheel treasures lurking there . He was telling us about the large bear that came up on his porch and then puts us in the bedroom NEXT TO THE PORCH so you could wonder about the bear all night . Deb heard an elk bellow and got a little nervous but all was good and we had a great visit . Now it's time to get the FC in shape to hit the road .