Poll

Rear View Mirrow

Henry J Forum
0 (0%)
Henry J
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Chrome Rear View Mirrow  (Read 762 times)

Larry A.Bell

• Larry B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chrome Rear View Mirrow
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:05:38 AM »
I have noticed so of the Henry J ,have a chrome inside rear view mirror.One picture I have shows a chrome one on a Allstate.Can anyone tell me,where I might be able to buy one for my 52 J                   Thanks,  Larry
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chrome Rear View Mirrow
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
The chrome day/night rear view mirror, part no. 205392, was only available as an accessory on the '52 - '53 Henry Js. I don't know if the day/night mirrors were chrome or not but the '52/'53 parts book supplement lists the other style as "painted" so it likely is. I've only seen one and it's in Edgar Kaiser's Henry J and it is chrome - I'm not sure if it is a factory issue mirror. It probably is.  The HJ parts book lists other type and it is not chrome.  The '51 and most '52 Js have the mirror that mounts through the headliner and is a wide rectangular shape.  The '53s are different. Since the '53 Henry J has a dome light, the mirror was moved down and mounted on the center windshield bar.  It is also smaller and oval shaped. See pictures.

Early style ('51 and most '52)

Later style (late '52s and all '53s)

This is the one that's in Edgar's Henry J  but since there are no pictures in the parts book I don't know for sure if it's the factory issue one.  Maybe someone else can clarify

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:58:00 AM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Larry A.Bell

• Larry B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chrome Rear View Mirrow
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 08:54:15 AM »
Thanks Fid for the reply.Wasn't sure about this. I guess I will paint the back of the one that is on now.Keep everything origins.  THANKS: Larry
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe