Author Topic: stickey for part numbers in HenryJ form  (Read 896 times)

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
stickey for part numbers in HenryJ form
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:43:38 AM »
I posted this in the HenryJ form and have had 141 views but no comment as to whether it would be done or not.

"Would it be possible to make a sticky for parts? The list that is available has many parts that are obsolete. Only the admin would be able to post on it, thanks."
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: stickey for part numbers in HenryJ form
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »
Sources come and go for old car parts so that is why trying to make up a list is very difficult to do as when the sources disappear the list is not up to date for very long.  You are in the right place in this club to ask members if they know of  the availability of a specific part as there is a good probability that the parts are not available in quantity but individual members may have a few parts that are not needed by them at this time.  Use this forum and ads in the Bulletin to seek out the parts that you need and you will be exposing your needs to the most likely source for them.  Our members with similar cars are likely to have good ideas as to where you can find your needed parts.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 01:49:36 PM »
I agree 100% that personal lists made public can get outdated, as I found out doing the brakes/ seals on my HJ. A sticky maintained by the form(HJ in this case) could easily be kept up and at the fingertips of members. We would not have to ask the same questions or search through past posts to find the info. I would volunteer to be an assistant administrator on the HJ sticky so posts on it would only be about the parts list.

What is the objection to having a sticky? Is it a maintenance issue?
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h

alohagreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »
ya got my VOTE
Henry's HenryJs
i second the nomination
alohageen is here to help,
a little help goes a LONG way...