Author Topic: HJ part seekers Caveat Emptore  (Read 824 times)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
HJ part seekers Caveat Emptore
« on: December 11, 2016, 01:50:57 PM »
FYI, for anyone who is interested, these are not Henry J radio knobs -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-VINTAGE-CLASSIC-1951-1952-1953-1954-KAISER-HENRY-J-CORSAIR-6V-RADIO-KNOBS-/222342352629?hash=item33c4a30ef5:g:SHUAAOSwcUBYTLbj&vxp=mtr

They are Seagrave knobs used for Fire Engine panels.  They look similar to the HJ knobs and might make a good sub (I never tried them as they have rubber inserts).  I have many of them so if you want some for your HJ radio, let me know, I'll send you some for the price of shipping.

This post is informational and intended to inform - it is NOT a criticism of the ebay seller who likely does not know. I have stated many times why I no longer attempt to inform ebay sellers when their ads are incorrect. I will stick to that. If someone else wants to, please do and I hope you have success.

Addendum- updating the post to include pictures of original/correct Henry J radio knobs.  As can be seen, the ones in the ad are similar but they are not original HJ parts.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:55:35 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Larry A.Bell

• Larry B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HJ part seekers Caveat Emptore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 09:40:58 AM »
If anyone has a extra set of radio knobs,let me know. I would be glad to buy a set ( 4 in all). Message me. Thanks Larry
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe