Author Topic: Publication delivery  (Read 1528 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Publication delivery
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:54:04 AM »
As a full member of the Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club, you receive several publications throughout the year. One of them is the monthly news bulletin.

Question - for those who receive the bulletin via an email, would it be more convenient if the bulletin were available online?

As a member, all you'd have to do is log in to the club's website and the latest, as well as a large selection of previous bulletins would be at your fingertips.

By the way, it's already that way today. Log in at Kfclub.com and check it out!

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Publication delivery
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:44:55 AM »
Nice trick question--I fell for it!!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »
Terry...not sure what your comment means. I just logged in and under the members only content link is another to the bulletins.

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »
I have received the bulletin for some time via e-mail and have been pleased not only do I get it  in a timely manner but also it is in color as an it is stored in a file on my computer for immediate recall of past issues if I want I highly recommend getting it electronically and encourage all to utilize this method It also save the club money

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 01:49:01 PM »
I have been a subscriber to the on line version for a long time also but I miss the hard copy.  Barbara does a great job of getting the Bulletin out in a timely manner to who ever has signed up for it and they get it early and in color.  By making it available to everyone on line what is the advantage for the people who opt for it by trying to save the club money.  If it were only available on line that would be a good idea but by having it on line for everyone I think that we would lose memberships because any member could print out copies for their friends.  That is possible now but it is only going to serious long time members and it has not been an issue.  By putting the Bulletin on line for anyone I feel that we will lose control of who gets it and we will still have the big expense of printing hard copies for 90% of the members.  Lets talk about it at the upcoming National Meet in July.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 02:30:43 PM »
My meaning was that you asked the question, then you answered it---nothing negative.

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 05:19:54 PM »
I get mine by email and it is good . I print it out and enjoy it while wearing out my recliner . As for putting it on the forum , I can't use any of the related parts of the forum as I can't log on . Some kind of glitch with the email address . I really don't understand it . Is there some kind of problem with getting it by email ? If it makes it easier for the bulletin editor to do it thru the forum , I will go along with it as long as I can get the other problem fixed .

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 01:15:25 PM »
If we make the bulletin available on the club website, it should only be back issues, not the current issue. That will prevent cheapskates from "stealing" a copy instead of paying dues. My guess is that if it's on the website, it will only be available to paid members anyway.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 02:04:10 PM »
Yes, only full members who are current on their dues and who choose to receive it this way.

Bob G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 08:05:38 PM »
Having it available only to members on The Forum would be fine.
'54 Kaiser Special
'64 Studebaker GT Hawk

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 09:40:05 AM »
The publications are only available to Paid Members of the KFOCI when they log in to www.kfclub.com   Being a member of the forum does not get you access to the Members-only content and publications.  A KFOCI club member and a member of the forum are two different things.
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com

Bob G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »
Thanks. Yes, only to paid club members. I erroneously said to members on the Forum.
'54 Kaiser Special
'64 Studebaker GT Hawk