Author Topic: Judging  (Read 1459 times)

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Judging
« on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:18 PM »
I would like to officially request that a new category be instituted called  "Judging".
After 50 years of membership I have heard the same comments at least as many times. People who care should be able to better target their opponents without sideling the forum.
In order for judging  to work, we require folks with product knowledge, hard word and thick skin. We have been fortunate in that respect. Unfortunately, the loudest voices are coming from folks who apparently operate on divine insight through the forum.

The forum ain't where the work gets done.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Judging
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 01:33:19 AM »
I second this and have to wonder what the real agenda is.  Judging has NEVER been manditory in the KFOCI.  All one needed to do was place a  DO NOT JUDGE sign in a vislble area of their car and/or not put it in the area deisgnated for judging.  Also, ever since the club was founded, there has been a MODIFIED category.  Perhaps this is driven by those who have cars once considered prestine will find out the truth if their cars had to be judged by a criteria backed by factory documents and other detail information.

Just a personal belief but I do have to wonder.  Rember I've been in the club for over 40 years (nearly 45 now) and know where a lot of the bones are buried.

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 08:27:59 AM »
Your wish is my command, new forum created for Judging and Factory-Correct type discussions today.
Best regards,
- Chris
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
Thanks very much Chris.  This important topic  will now have a home where questions on authenticity and judging can be discussed on all non modified Kaisers and Frazers.  This is on the eve of new guidelines and a new judging system being formulated and to be introduced here on completion.  Watch for new guidelines and if you feel that they need additions, corrections or clarification let our judging committee know by contacting our club historian Jack Mueller.  We want them to be the best that we can make them and they will be the final say on judging or restoring our cars to be as close to as built by the factory as possible.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »
The idea of factory-based judging is not new.  In fact, the complete set (based on available information at the timne) of factory based detail information was completed well before 1995.  Problem was that those running the show back then decided such material would only "confuse" everyone and that even if used, the information should be on a "need to know" basis & the only one's needing to know were the judges themselves!

The following points must be understood by ALL to fix the judging system:

1.  If the overhaul is to work, the information will either have to be posted on the web for people to look at and download.  The club cannot afford to print out 400+ page comnplete set of guidelines for all cars to all members getting publicatiuons (Associate members do not get publications).

2.  While the historical resources are extensive, they may not be 100% complete.  It is possible that members who don't want to share information may bring things out at a later date as "proof" it is impossible to create a foolproof system.  We work with what we have and update as new information comes out & pass the information out to the membership as best as possible.

3.  Besides settling questions with factory information, the club needs to set up a good training program for judges.  How about it naysayers?  Do you want to be part of a solution to a problem or will you just crawl under a rock? 

4.  Based on the successful test of using a DVD disc (4GB capacity) vs. a regular data CD (approx. 760 MB or about 20-25% of space offered by the DVD blank) we could release the judging material with the next release of KFOCI HANDBOOK.  The caveat here is that the material must be approved by the new Chief Judge, club management & members, before it goes into distribution.

If anyone has a question about any of this, please ask Gordie Chamberlain, the new Chief Judge (I don't know as I write this if Gordie has appointed someone or not) or ask me.  Gordie and I believe a workable system (for those who want their cars evaluated by a third party) can be created. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 08:52:51 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Chief Judge
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »
I am pleased to announce that Randy Rutherford has offered to be our new Chief Judge.  Randy has a lifetime of experience in restoring cars professionally and has held this job in the past for several years.  Randy is also a past president of our club and brings many valuable qualifications to the job.  We have much to do to get the judging system where it benefits us all and we are on our way to getting it there.  Welcome Randy!!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom