Author Topic: 6v Bulbs and side view Mirrors  (Read 1206 times)

thekaiserkid

• View Profile
    • Email
6v Bulbs and side view Mirrors
« on: August 05, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »
I'm looking to purchase some Fender or Side view mirrors of some nature that fit the deluxe.
Also I need some 6V interior light bulbs. They have a large base and a very small bulb. There for the center Pillers in the four door car.

Mike Richards

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 6v Bulbs and side view Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
Ron Francis had different sizes of 6 volt bulbs or you might find some on EBay

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:30:06 AM »
NAPA carries 6 volt bulbs - if they're not in stock and the counter guy isn't too lazy, they can get them for you!

Bob G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:45:51 AM »
Reviewed several side view mirrors on a manufacturer's website. Based on the descriptions I ordered first one and then the other. On both of them unless they were mounted as far forward as possible on the door the vent window could hit them. So do whatever you can to determine that you can successfully mount them before ordering.
'54 Kaiser Special
'64 Studebaker GT Hawk

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:37:55 AM »
The rear view mirrors offered by Kaiser-Frazer were attached on the front of the door frame where the vent window is.  Both right and left side mirrors were offered and then they were modified so that they were universal for either side.  They were attached to the front of the door frame by a clamp with a single screw.  That style of door mount mirror was very popular and many companies offered them for sale and they can be found for sale on eBay.  In 1951 another style was offered that mounted on the door near the bottom of the front door window.  That style was also used by Hudson and are very hard to find now.  Illustrations of both can be found in the Parts and Accessories Bulletins.  See CircleKF website.  For your 6 volt bulbs look on the base of the bulb to see the small number in black ink on the base to determine the bulb that you need.  If you do not have a bulb look in the Service Standards booklet and all of the bulb sizes are listed for each application.  For example dome lights use a #1129.  They are also in CircleKF website, a wonderful source for K-F information if you have not yet discovered it.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

thekaiserkid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: side view Mirrors
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »
Could somebody send me pictures of the bulletin with the illustrations of the mirrors please I have no reference and no bulletins.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »
This was the most common mirror used. This one is just an example...ebay has a bunch of different sizes and styles

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Automotive-Chrome-Accessory-Side-Door-Mirror-Clamp-Style-Rat-Rod-/172788369236?hash=item283afd4754:g:vasAAOSw4A5YxP-y&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:10:23 PM by joefrazer »