Author Topic: UPDATED: Kaiser car wanted for Kaiser Permanente Hospital with nice body/trim  (Read 2500 times)

Kaiserbermann

UPDATE: Hi everyone!  We just purchased a really nice 53 Manhattan for our new hospital. It is about a 8 3/4 on a 1-10 scale.  We are going to carefully decommission the car so it can be restored again in 30-50 years with minimal effort (It will be crane hoisted on to the 4th floor). Thousands of physical rehab Kaiser members will get to use (and enjoy) the car to practice getting in and out of the car before going home to get into their own cars.  I'll try post some pictures when we lift the car on to the building.

Hello everyone:

I work for Kaiser Permanente and we are looking for a car for our rehabilitation department.  We thought what better car than a Kaiser for Kaiser Permanente. 
I am a car guy although Kaiser cars are new to me.  I have done several restorations but this is a little different-its for work so I want it to be as easy as possible.  The car does not need an engine, tranny or anything else under the hood for that matter but it does need to have a good body, glass, no missing trim, and a good interior or easy to fix up interior.  We can paint the car at a local shop so that isn't a big issue.  A four door sedan would be great but I want to avoid the 4 wheel drive cars due to access issues with our patients.  They will be using the car to practice getting in and out and rolling up windows, etc.  The window and door mechanisms need to be functional. 
If you have a car you would like to sell or donate, please give me a call at 707-651-3761.  I am located in Vallejo, CA.

Eric Bermann
Project Manager
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
707-651-3761
eric.l.bermann@kp.org
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:34:57 PM by Kaiserbermann »

DRAGON WHISPERER

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser car wanted for Kaiser Permanente Hospital with nice body/trim
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »
My family should be contacting you with in the month.