Author Topic: Vendor: Rudy P.  (Read 1568 times)

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vendor: Rudy P.
« on: May 01, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
Greetings All...I'm looking to confirm I have the correct address to send something out to Rudy Phillips...If you've recently purchased from him, could you message me his address. He's a pretty tough guy to get a hold of(busy man)...Thanks in advance
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vendor: Rudy P.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 02:37:45 PM »
Rudy has a full time day job and is sometimes hard to reach.  His address is 2136 Walnut St., Ramona CA 92065 and email rudyskfparts@sbcglobal.net.  Phone 1-760-789-3608
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 05:01:32 PM »
Thank you all! I was having email Acct issues earlier and wasn’t sure any of my correspondences made it through before I noticed the problems. Got through and reconnected with him today and all is handled:-)
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »
Nlow, will someone give me current information to reach Dewain in Monument Colorado...Please?

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:02:23 AM »
Nlow, will someone give me current information to reach Dewain in Monument Colorado...Please?

The information on file with the club for DUANE HAYES is 12975 Log Rd, Peyton CO 80831, 719-749-2852, donegoing2002@yahoo.com
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:59:26 PM »
I did not see Rudy's ad in the most current Hemmings. 
No old cars owned.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »

The information on file with the club for DUANE HAYES is 12975 Log Rd, Peyton CO 80831, 719-749-2852, donegoing2002@yahoo.com

They still have Parts from the Late Fred Walker ?
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 12:22:16 AM »
I was able to reach Duane tonight with a little assistance.  He needs big time help with what he is doing...f you live lose by or will take time and go help. 

We nearly cried as he talked of NOS parts being thrown away by the guy who bought them, and no real way to rescue them.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 08:41:13 AM »
That does not make sense - "the guy who bought them" .  That sounds like Rudy. Hey, there is no market and it's value has changed.  There have been several salvage yards in the west with dry beautiful chrome and parts close doors and crush everything. Yes, sometimes the asking price for parts were too high but this is sea change time in the hobby.

Say you want a NOS part for your 54 Kaiser like a steering wheel. The asking price is $300 and shipping with insurance is $70.  Makes most people pause and pass.  Or something even less glamourous like a mechanical component that costs $50 but shipping is $75 because of weight. 

Rudy had or has a 1948 Frazer with leather seating that I would love to have. His price was giveaway at $1000 I think, solid project - but cost to transport from his place to Iowa would add $1700. 

Unless a car is nearby and priced at giveaway prices, the restoration hobby is done.  Now one guy may come out of the woodwork and say not so fast I am restoring a 1952 Kaiser.  OK, that's not what I mean. I mean the macro levels of demand which spurred the glory years of the Walker franchise.  Where orders were coming in left and right and costs to ship a 30# part might be $8.    Those days are gone, and so you can't cry over that unless you want to buy all those parts, store them, create a business and then watch your heirs pitch the parts years from now. 
No old cars owned.

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 08:59:15 AM »
Yep, shipping costs are a problem, but with a Kaiser membership it does seem possible for a network to be set up where we help each other regionally and nation wide.  There appears to be too much of "me-my-mine" and "you do the best you can without my help".

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »
I was under the impression that Rudy wanted the Walker parts but someone else acquired them. The "guy" in this may be the heir disposing of parts the buyer deemed not economically feasible to haul long distance & store indefinitely. I've seen some of those "saved" parts listed, nothing large so far that I can remember.
Tying money up in parts that may never sell in your lifetime isn't very appealing to most. I wanted a correct rear window gasket for my Aero, had 10 (the minimum) reproduced, sold half at my cost and am stuck with the other half of them for who knows how long............. and I'm not trying to make even a penny profit.
I commend Duane for saving those parts/project cars, but wouldn't blame him one iota for cashing in every one at scrap price when he moves in the next year or 2.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »
See my post regarding Fred Walker's parts at the link below

http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,11544.0.html
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 06:53:49 AM »
I was able to reach Duane tonight with a little assistance.  He needs big time help with what he is doing...f you live lose by or will take time and go help. 

We nearly cried as he talked of NOS parts being thrown away by the guy who bought them, and no real way to rescue them.

Chris L. has purchased the parts from the Walker estate and is shipping them east, per his thread Fred Walker's KF Inventory moves EAST. So......who is throwing away NOS parts as stated by Carpenter??
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 08:45:02 AM »

Chris L. has purchased the parts from the Walker estate and is shipping them east, per his thread Fred Walker's KF Inventory moves EAST. So......who is throwing away NOS parts as stated by Carpenter??

Maybe Chris still had to throw some out, can't take everything. 
No old cars owned.

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 10:02:06 PM »
Some NOS parts were being thrown away and some were rescued from the dumpster at minimum cost...BUT...maybe it's true that not all can be saved due to transportation costs.