Author Topic: 2019 KFOCI National Meet  (Read 6006 times)

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2019 KFOCI National Meet
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »
It is still open for someone to host correct?

Correct. If you or anyone else in the Midwest Division is interested in hosting the 2019 National the proper protocol is to present your plan to your Region Manager first (to verify support in the region) who will forward it to the Division Director  who will present it (and any others received) to the division members at the 2018 Midwest Spring Meet in May in Mt Pleasant Iowa for review/discussion/approval. 

It's a large undertaking, so you need to have a well thought out plan, not just a list of suggestions for someone else to do.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 07:51:54 PM »
Here are 2 thoughts about National Convention locations. If you pick a spot that is too enchanting you get into several problems. 1st, may be a lot of other people want to visit the same area which leads to competition for, and higher prices on the accommodations. 2nd, if there are that many boffo attractions, no one is going to be at the host hotel to buy parts and interact when civilians come by to look at the cars.
In regards to the 2nd thesis, I am specifically thinking of the National in Portland OR where everyone disappeared on tours after 8 AM and didn't show back at the hotel until 6 PM.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:56 PM »
OK, the KFOCI Constitution calls for a rotation of National Meet locations. The purpose is that every member in a Division has an opportunity to participate in a National that is relatively close every 3 years. The burden was placed on the  Divisional Directors to find members willing to organize a Convention. In previous years there were members who were quite experienced in organizing a National Meet But they were in the upper Midwest or the NY/PA area. If you have an idea for a specific area or place and are willing to take on the burden, tell your Manager and Director. I know your Division Director will appreciate it!

PS: Studebaker Drivers Club Constitution required their National Convention to be held in South Bend every 3rd year. It didn't work out.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1963 Kaiser FC170

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 12:12:22 PM »
Who is my  Manager and Director. in the HOA area..

Due to the recent changes in many positions a list will be printed in the NOV Bulletin of all club officers & "staff" but to answer your immediate question, the new Midwest Division Director is Mike Neubecker and the HOA Manager is still Stacy Minson.
Barbara Mueller

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »
Here are 2 thoughts about National Convention locations. If you pick a spot that is too enchanting you get into several problems. 1st, may be a lot of other people want to visit the same area which leads to competition for, and higher prices on the accommodations. 2nd, if there are that many boffo attractions, no one is going to be at the host hotel to buy parts and interact when civilians come by to look at the cars.
In regards to the 2nd thesis, I am specifically thinking of the National in Portland OR where everyone disappeared on tours after 8 AM and didn't show back at the hotel until 6 PM.

Our National and Regional meets are really for the pleasure of the members, not people who may stop by.  The Portland meet kept us entertained the whole time with displays, museums and tours.  There was time allotted for looking, swapping and tire kicking and a great awards dinner and we could never ask for anything more than what the Regions and National provide us.  It is a lot of work and planning by many people and we are lucky to have so much talent and energy in our club.  We do not know where 2019 will bring us to but be prepared to have a great time with your fellow members and car owners.  There are eight regional meets coming up before our National Meet in Kingsport TN.  Can you handle that much fun?
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 01:06:15 AM »
Our lists are only as good as the information that is received from members  Members can go to our KFOCI site and update their contact information.  Mike Neubecker's information has been in the rosters for about fifty years.
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 02:56:20 PM »
PS: Studebaker Drivers Club Constitution required their National Convention to be held in South Bend every 3rd year. It didn't work out.

Can you elaborate why it did not work out?   And why would they maybe not amend to every 4 years, or 5 years?  A homecoming is a good idea, in my opinion.   Every 3 years might be too soon. 
No old cars owned.

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
The Early Ford V-8 Club also has a return to Detroit every five years.  The turnouts are large and there are more automotive things to do around Detroit than anywhere in the U.S.  They call it their "Grand National" meet.  There were also two Kaiser Factories in Ohio.  The Shady Willow press plant was in Shadyside Ohio and the Kaiser Frazer Parts Corp. was  in Struthers Ohio.  Both are in Eastern Ohio and are not well known K-F plants and would be interesting to see if the buildings are still there.  Postcards exist that picture them.  Is anyone familiar with their current status?
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 08:04:24 PM »
The building in Struthers still exists...at least it did about four years ago when I last drove by it.

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 08:44:48 PM »
I joined the Studebaker Drivers Club back in 1968! I haven't been a continuous member thought. I have learned a lot from they way they do business.. mostly what to avoid.
The SDC National every 3 years in South Bend worked about 3 times and then the membership conveniently put it at the back of their minds.
I have been told that the people in South Bend preferred not to be reminded of the Studebaker Corporation. I recall some claim that just under 50% of the families there had members who were employed by Studebaker. So it is reasonable to think that a big, big part of the people there felt let down when Studebaker closed up operations.
I attended the SDC National when they had it in South Bend after a gap of some 20 years. There were still a lot of the old factory buildings around, vacant. The town was trying as fast as they could to remove those buildings and redevelop the center of town.
The tourist bureau was excited to lure the SDC back as often as possible, but you have to remember, they were thinking about hotel revenue and food spending and they didn't really reflect the opinion of the town residents. 
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1963 Kaiser FC170

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 07:15:00 AM »
...there is a possibility that one of the Ford Clubs will be down in Dayton in 2019...similar situation, of going through the process...I should find out at our meeting Thursday
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »
I emailed Mike Neubecker . It came back to me.. can not delivery.

Perhaps you had a typo? I sent you a private email with his email address (unchanged for many, many years).

Maybe each Manager and Director. could help out to make sure the list is correct.

Actually, keeping the membership file up-to-date and accurate is the responsibility of the club Secretary - BUT - it can only be accomplished if the member provides the current/correct info.

I got my address changed but my phone number did not get updated.

If you're still unable to update it online yourself, send an email with the updated info to: secretary@kfclub.com  Be sure to include your name & member # with the update request/notice.
Barbara Mueller

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
Do you need to be current member to be able to update the files?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 07:51:27 PM »
Yes, only current members have the ability to update their membership file.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »
A meet in Michigan is under discussion with several parties including Mike Neubecker, Midwest Division Manager.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 04:27:12 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »