Author Topic: Seeking advice on selling a 1951 Henry J  (Read 4766 times)

pfortin

Seeking advice on selling a 1951 Henry J
« on: April 27, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »
About two years ago my brother and I purchased a 1951 Henry J (4 cyl) with 17K miles and a large lot of KF parts from an estate sale in Chicago.  We have sold the majority of the parts on EBay over the past year and because he is an active GM collector (please don't hold this against me) looking to clear a bit of space in his warehouse, we are looking to sell the Henry J in the near future.  I attended the Hoffman Estate meeting last year to do a bit of research on the best way to market the vehicle and the only lead I came up with was from a gentleman that said that carsonline.com is a website that is a good website for selling these Henry J's.  The people at the meeting and the KF part buyers on Ebay were very nice so I thought an open solicitation in this forum may be the best way to gather a bit more information.

Although we halfheartedly listed it on one website, I still have not seen the holy grail website that contains a decent number of KF vehicles and would have a following of potential buyers.  Does anybody have any advice on what a good website is for selling a stock Henry J?

I you would like to contact me directly, please email me at cree116@sbcglobal.net

I appreciate any advice on this subject.

Thanks.

Paul
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:05:47 PM by pfortin »

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Seeking advice on selling a 1951 Henry J
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:01:09 PM »
Why don't you join the Kaiser Frazer Owners Club and run a free ad in the monthly bulletin.  I still think you should have put a for sale sign on it at the Hoffman Estates National.  You missed one of your best opprotunities to sell it to one of the club members.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »
My opinion - ebay is still one of the best bets.  I have a friend who owned one of the nicest Henry Js I've ever seen and he advertised it in the KFOC bulletin two months in a row and got not one call. He then put it on ebay and it sold the first time and was bid up almost $2000 above his asking price in the KFOC bulletin.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

pfortin

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 08:34:17 PM »
Fid and mbflemingkf, thanks for the advice.  I am thinking I may end up taking both of your advice in some manner.  Is it also OK to post the info on this website?  I see a couple of vehicles and parts for sale but I want to be respectful of the club.

Thanks again.

mbflemingkf, are you the individual that stopped by a year a so ago outside of Chicago looking for NOS Kaiser lights? 

Thanks again and take care.

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 08:55:34 PM »
Paul,

As the forum moderator, I don't see a problem with you posting a KF related ad here.  You can also insert a picture of the car using the insert image button above where you type the message.  Best regards, Chris
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com

pfortin

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:15:13 PM »
Chris - thanks for the offer and sorry about the delay.  I was out of town and will post in a few.  Please let me know if I am out of bounds on any aspects of the posting.

Best regards.