General Category > Darrin Forum

Darrin Convertible Top Frame Assembly

(1/4) > >>

pjkaiser:
Ok, I have been pre-assembling the convertible top parts and the upholstery shop took no pictures when it was taken apart.   Do  any of you have a picture of how these parts are assembled.    Also, I seem to have misplaced the "L" brackets that mount the bottom rail to the rear deck lid.  If I  can't find them, I will need to make new ones.   I could use some pictures to help me out.

darrin145:
Those landau irons are switched side for side!

pjkaiser:
How can you tell, they look the same as the picture of the Darrin above???   Which end is the one that stays attached?

darrin145:
Fifty years of restoring vehicles is how I know. Landau irons mount one way. The ones in the picture are switched left for right.

joefrazer:
The landau irons on the pictured car are installed incorrectly. There are plenty of pictures on the internet of cars with them installed correctly. Also, there are three pictures above of the "L" brackets. The third photo is the same as those on my car.

Phil, let me know if you need pix of any particular part of the top bow assembly. The fabric is off mine right now so I can take pix of any part of the bows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version