Author Topic: Willys Aero Parts that Interchange with other Willys (Jeeps)  (Read 1878 times)

mpc

• View Profile
    • Email
As I try to get my 1952 Aero Wing back on the road I am coming across some various parts that I'm finding will fit on the Aero.

Headlight bezels (chrome trim rings):
For Willys 1948-1971 CJ3B, Wagon, Truck, FC, Jeepster fit the 1952 Aero. Available as new reproductions. Available from various Willys/Jeep parts dealers.

Headlight buckets:
JEEP CJ5 WILLYS 1955 - 1970 HEADLIGHT BUCKET SET FACTORY OEM with RETAINING RING
I bought these as a used set on EBay for about $40 plus $20 shipping.

Picture of one of the Jeep buckets on the left and one of my old Aero buckets on the right.

Front marker lights/turn signal lights:
JEEP COMBINATION PARKING TURN SIGNAL LIGHT ASSEMBLY WILLYS CJ-3B CJ3 CJ5 CJ6
I bought these off EBay. New parts. Mine were $28.79 w/ fee shipping; came from India, so they took about a month to get here.

Picture of the old Aero marker assembly and the new Jeep assembly.

Parking Brake Cable:
Omix-Ada 16730.03 Parking Brake Cable; connects to the t-handle.  Lists as for a Jeep 1955-1971 Jeep CJ5.  Available  new from various Jeep parts dealers, Amazon, etc.  Length is about 62” from the ball to the end of the threads.  My car didn’t have the hardware underneath so I don’t know if this length will be correct for a stock application, but it gets me a new cable from the handle to under the car.  I can make it work from there. Mine will connect to a Ford 8 inch rear end.

Picture of the new cable in the stock t handle.
It's hard to see in the picture, but the handle end has the correct slot for the retaining clip.  I had to rotate the slightly out of round cable end ball just right to get it to slide in.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:13:25 PM by mpc »
Member# 16191

mpc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Willys Aero Parts that Interchange with other Willys (Jeeps)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 02:11:18 PM »
If you have other parts that you know about for the Aeros that would help others with their repairs and restorations please post them with part numbers and sources.

Here's another I found to work for me:

Gas Filler Grommet: Tanks, Inc. part # GR4 $6.00+$13.36 shipping
http://www.tanksinc.com/   I found this part to fit the existing gas tank hole and be a suitable replacement.
Member# 16191

RT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »
I don't know if these fit the Aero, but it looks like they will.  I found radiators at:

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/vehicle/48-51-jeepster/cooling/radiators-hoses/radiator-assemblies

They have a lot of Jeep parts and some may be useful to us Aero-nuts.
If anybody has used these and know if they work, please post here.

RT
1953 Willys Aero Eagle
1963 Studebaker Avanti
1999 Replica Lamborghini  Diablo (Made it myself)
1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
2014 GMC Denali crew cab
2008 Kubota B7800 tractor
2001 Damon Daybreak Motorhome

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 06:56:50 AM »
I didn't check the part numbers, but neither one of the radiators look like an Aero radiator to me, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't fit. A good radiator shop can probably recore yours for the price of the one on the left.

It's not unusual to find Aero parts on a jeep site if you search for parts by the part number. Walcks, Kaiserwillys, Willysjeepparts and PeterDebella have all had/have something or another that fits an Aero. Sometimes a part number search will hit on an ebay listing, or just somewhere you've never heard of.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

SC/397

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 02:37:49 PM »
Thanks for a great post!
Here is a listing for Brake Shoes.
http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,4989.0.html
1948 Empire Tractor
1952 Willys Aero Wing
1953 Willys Pick-Up
1958 M-274 Willys Military Mule
1962 AMC Mighty Mite
1968-1971 Various AMC Muscle Cars