Author Topic: 1953 Kaiser  (Read 1503 times)

Mr Manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 Kaiser
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »
I agree - you have apparently found another good one.  Personally, I love the Grey paint and toned interior.  You get to seeing so much Green and White, you just want something different. But, Grey is also not a bad color for this body as it is with the slab siders (in my opinion).

There is a fair amount of information missing from the ad but is that a slab sider in the background  on photo 1?  I wonder if this person inherited this Kaiser and simply has no interest in collector cars as many do from that generation.

Also, mileage is missing (unless I missed it) but overall condition is decent.  The lack of spelling is a sad curiosity and a possible condemnation of the youth and using a cell phone to create this ad. 
No old cars owned.

Kato

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 10:58:50 AM »
Hi, folks.  I'm the new owner of this car, and it now resides in (mostly, but not so much today) sunny Albuquerque, NM, where it won't rust.  The Craigslist post was written somewhat in Textese, but when I spoke with the owner (whose nephew, I believe, had created the post) he was quite informative and very honest.  The car just rolled over the 60,000 mile mark, and I can't find any hint of rust on the underside.  Took some time to transfer hands, but I'm now a proud Kaiser owner, and it looks awfully nice in the driveway next to my '51 Hudson Pacemaker and my girl's '51 Studebaker Champion!
'53 Kaiser Manhattan
'52 Nash Ambassador
'51 Hudson Pacemaker
'77 Toyota Celica GT

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:04:19 PM »
I'm now a proud Kaiser owner, and it looks awfully nice in the driveway next to my '51 Hudson Pacemaker and my girl's '51 Studebaker Champion!

Congrats on your new Kaiser! We would love to see some pics since the Craigslist pics are gone.

(Notice that your girl has a Studebaker......I've got a few of them too, but unfortunately no Kaiser or Willys yet. I do really like the Willys Aeros tho  :)  )
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

Mr Manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 05:20:49 PM »
 Congrats...Glad my posting paid off. Keep us posted on its progress.

Kato

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »
Thanks for the responses, guys.  I'll try to get some pics uploaded soon, but first gotta get her back on the road.  Planning on replacing the master cylinder tomorrow and hoping to get the starter back from the shop in a couple of days, then we'll see what we've got!   ;)
'53 Kaiser Manhattan
'52 Nash Ambassador
'51 Hudson Pacemaker
'77 Toyota Celica GT