Author Topic: Another newbie here!  (Read 782 times)

Kempec

• View Profile
    • Email
Another newbie here!
« on: February 22, 2020, 05:10:04 PM »
Hello everyone,
I have been anxious to participate here for awhile. I am from Colorado. About a year ago I was able to purchase a 1949 Kaiser Custom Virginian. For the previous 42 years it was owned by Fred and Erma Walker. I understand they were longtime active members of the club. I was hoping that some of you might be able to offer some history about this car. If you subscribe to Old Cars Weekly, you can see the car in the most recent issue. I am looking forward to getting to know you all. I have enjoyed reading the posts for some time and can see that everyone here are people I would like to know.
Brian

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Another newbie here!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 05:54:25 PM »
If one talked to Erma she would say the car was hers and indeed, Fred would agree. She was not a tall lady so it took some pillows and others things to get her positioned to drive the car, but she did! Erma owned the car for many years and I believe it was one of the many cars Fred restored for both themselves as well as paying customers.

The Walkers attended many meets - Fred was chief judge for a long time - and every now and then the car would make an appearance.

Kempec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 01:59:27 PM »
Mr. Frazer,
Thank you so much for your response. What Erma lacked in size she made up for it in personality. She was a strong woman. She knew a lot about these cars. Her neighbor Dwayne has filled in some of the history for me. He obviously knew the Walkers well.
Looking at your name I am wondering if your related to Frazer the other half of the marque? Anyway, I am looking forward to the better weather so I can get the car out to stretch it’s legs.

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 02:51:14 PM »
Welcome Brian, from one noob to another.

This is a great group of people and I know you'll like your stay. :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 07:09:05 PM »
joefrazer is a past president of the KFOCI.  He is no relation to Joseph Washington Frazer (the Frazer of Kaiser-Frazer).