Author Topic: Complimentary issue of OLD CARS PRICE GUIDE  (Read 832 times)

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Complimentary issue of OLD CARS PRICE GUIDE
« on: March 27, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »
Received an email from OLD CARS with access to download a *free* copy of their latest issue of their March/April Price Guide so I'm sharing it with all of you.

We hope you're staying home, staying healthy and staying safe. We're looking forward to the end of isolation and the start of car show season.

Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Complimentary issue of OLD CARS PRICE GUIDE
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
Many thanks, that is great information to have although it is just a price guide and no guarantees.  I expect prices to take a dive at least temporarily as buyers dry up because of the corona virus.  Lets hope that they find a cure for it soon.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 11:08:35 AM »
I've bought the print version occasionally over the years but this is the first time I've seen a digital version. As usual my Aero value is about the same. I don't think it's fluctuated more than a few hundred dollars in 2 or 3 decades.
As Gordie mentioned, values could take a dive. I think vehicle sales dropped 90% in China, no doubt something similar is happening here in states where dealerships are open by appointment only.
Hopefully one of the drugs to treat the virus being tried will pan out & become widely distributed so things can return to normal.
Thanks for posting!
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »
Unlike some other types of old car pricing information, OLD CARS PRICE GUIDE has tried to base their changes in prices on actual sales that they could either report on or were reported to them and verified.  K-F and Willys products are not among the more common cars to change hands so they don't have that much to go on.   Projections based on things like general inflation trends or other economic factors not tied to actual market action aren't the best for that reason.