Author Topic: NICE 52 Henry J project on EvilBay  (Read 1805 times)

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
NICE 52 Henry J project on EvilBay
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
see 270619927476

So what if it is a 4, and its locked up? Overdrive or not (possibly not) who cares??....look at the interior, look at the body condition, look at the dash and the option <G> just sitting there. Goodness, save that from a rodder!!!! If I had some money at the moment I'd be all over it, and I would drive there AND tow it home on a dolly trailer, and that is over 1700 miles from me.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NICE 52 Henry J project on EvilBay
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:23:37 AM »
To me it looks pretty sad. Huge hole in the rear quarter below the left tail light. A four cylinder without OD (and that one does not have it) is good for trips to the convenient store but that's about it. The grill work on the '52-'53 Js is onion skin thin and once it's rusted as badly as it is on that one there's little that can be done to repair it.  Good luck ever finding those pieces. But you never know... someone just might be able to do it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:12:22 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NICE 52 Henry J project on EvilBay
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »
If anyone is interested I checked with the owner:

Original color of the car is Saddle Bronze Metallic
Interior is Brown shepard Plaid
Interior paint (according to the Info I had when I did KFOCI HANDBOOK VERSION 4.0) is Caribbean Coral, but I have to wonder as pix suggest Saddle Bronze Metallic more than Caribbean Coral
Car was build with 3 speed manual only
Car is equipped with Accessory Group #6, which is Deck Lid, vacuum booster fuel pump and opening front vent windows. 

Off the cuff estimate is $5-9K for restoration which takes into account replacing the engine, body work, paint and a few other things.  please note that the figure takes into account the idea that the owner can do some of the work themselves rather than having it all done by an outside shop.