Author Topic: /48 Frazer.  (Read 783 times)

Hdryder77

• View Profile
/48 Frazer.
« on: September 17, 2020, 02:29:25 AM »
Hi everyone. I’m a newbie here. Can anyone tell me how many 1948 Frazer Sedans(with all options ) are on the road today..? I’m from Vancouver Island BC Canada. Mine is the only one I’ve ever seen. Thnx.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: /48 Frazer.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 06:57:24 AM »
There's no way to know how many of any particular vehicle remain on the road today but the club does have a registry that tries to keep track of cars folks have found. Keep in mind that some listings are old and the cars may no longer exist and some of those listed may be no more than parts cars.

Here's a link...you can select the year, make and model from the top of the page and then the reported vehicles will display at the bottom.

https://eskimo.com/~hhagen/reg/reg.htm

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 10:37:19 AM »
If Your Vehicle is not on The List Please add to it. If on the List the Name may still be Club Member. Please Join for Help on Your Vehicle. We also Use List to Know How Many was a Color & Trim. So get that on The Fire Wall. You may have a Rare Special Ordered Vehicle .

You have come to Right Place for Information & Parts. Welcome !!!
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 11:05:02 AM »
There is a snag to the Registry you've been directed to.  There is nothing to indicate status of the car at time of posting.  The listing could be for a top condition automobile down to something found in a junkyard during the 1980's or earlier.  Also, some cars may have changed hands since the posting but the new owner (or one of the subsequent owners where applicabler) never updated the item.

You may have noticed two tags at various locations on your car.  The Door Post Frame Serial Number tag tells you how many cars of type (I am assuming you have a standard rather than a Manhattan) were built before your car started down the assembly line.  There is also a tag on the firewall of the engine compartment with various letters (like DR, AG, RA, SPEC-FO, etc); some of these have numbers by them.  If you will please post the headers and the numbers at the headers (many of the headers have no number) I can "translate" the information into paint color, interior trim, and so on including options that were factory installed.

There are a cople of .pdf files that have information on your car in general. 

I also recommend you get the blue cover 1947-1949 Kaiser-Frazer Shop Manual for your car as well as the 1948 Ilustrated Parts List as service aids.  the 1948 issued Green cover Shop Manual does not have updates to service procedures that the Blue Cover book has