Author Topic: 51 Frazer standard  (Read 1142 times)

51kaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
51 Frazer standard
« on: February 14, 2021, 06:58:42 PM »
Hello, I have stumbled across a 1951 F515  mostly complete  minus all 4 wheels, steering wheel and radiator, absolutely no rust or rot, very solid, all glass intact, no dents, interior and headliner intact, been inside and dry for at least the last 25 years, not been on road since 95. trying to get a ball park value on this car so i can make an informed decision on whether or not to buy it. Does not appear it would take much to have it back on the road  safely. Seller started at 4500, recently dropped to 3500, pretty sure that is too high for this car but, ???????  any input would be helpful. I do have a few pics I could post if needed. The car has no title as well

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 51 Frazer standard
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 08:12:25 PM »
Pictures are a MUST in this situation.  Since it apparently doesn't run you should go on the assumption that the engine is frozen and may not be rebuildable...be sure the seller understands this during price negotiations.

51kaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 09:04:03 AM »
problems with uploading pics,  on my phone they are jpeg but when i download its changing them to html?

The car is very solid, floors rockers all panels rust free, all chrome intact not rusted or pitted, all glass intact, interior complete including headliner, if not for the missing steering wheel it looks like it could be driven out of the barn!

any idea how to download the pics from my phone?

51kaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 09:08:29 AM »
I bought it  :o

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 10:52:07 AM »
great!  If you can send me the info off the firewall body tag, I can do "translation" for you.

51kaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 03:19:32 PM »
model :515  body :1 paint : 140 trim: 5177  dr: 1  tr:4 ao: 5

schfd : 47   item no. : 15

body number 7556

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
The car of course is a model 5151 1951 Frazer standard 4-door sedan.

the original paint color for the car is Onyx Black (140) and the Distribution Department list for colors shows the upholstery to be Jasper Green Face-Finished Broad Cloth (5177).  I have 3 different trim list sources and one of them shows Dark Blue Bedford cloth for this number.  Two out of 3 say Jasper Green so I would say it should be green.

1951 Frazer standard models were assembled at Willow Run MI (most of them) and at the Long Beach CA assembly plant.  Based on where you are located, I would figure it came out of Michigan, but to make sure, check the Door post serial number; if there is no alphabet letter except for the Prefix (F515) it came out of Michigan.  if there is an "A" it was assembled at Long Beach. 
The car was built for domestic sale (1 in the DR position).  Overdrive was a required option (TR 4) and is equipped with Accessory Group 5 (AG 5):

Rear Seat Cigarette Lighter                          Tilt-type Rear View Mirror
     Tail pipe Extension                                       Stainless Steet Wheel Donut Discs
     Windshield Washer                                       

K-F had two physically different tailpipe extensions that may have been used on the car.  One is a "chrome tip) pipe extension that clamped on to the end of the tail pipe.  The other is a bit like a clam shell. A picture of this type is attached.  Electric clocks were standard equipment on the 1951 Frazers, and directional signals are also listed but Confidential Bulletins 43 (used by dealers ordering from distributors) and 46 (used by dealers ordering direct from the factory) indicated that, while this was an error and the turn signals should not have been standard on the order guide, all 1951 Frazers would be equipped with them as a no charge accessory.  If it has a radio, it will be the same chassis as the 1949-50 Frazer radio as the dashboard stamping itself is the 1949-50 Frazer type. 

Based on the SCHED and ITEM information it looks like the car was built in late May 1950 in the morning rather than afternoon.  The body was the 6,556th out of a known total of 7,000 for the model. 

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 10:41:52 AM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »