Author Topic: 2021 National Convention  (Read 3846 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2021 National Convention
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2021, 06:56:34 AM »
I have not visited this website in months because we received notice last year it was being replaced and shut down and everything was going to Facebook or something. 

I see it is still active, not really going or strong.  I thought it cost a lot of money to have.  I'm confused. Is there another club website with more activity if you join the club?
No old cars owned.

WillysTom1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 02:42:41 PM »
  Just checked with the hotel and they are definitely NOT offering any shuttle service for the airport arrivals.
1955 Willys Custom
Former owner of 1951 Kaiser Deluxe, 1951Henry J, 1955 Willys Bermuda

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 08:00:46 PM »
The people who operate the Forum software tried an upgrade that caused the server to crash and this was down until the end of June 2021.  It is now up and running at the same abilities it had before the crash.    That's what I have been told when I got information on what happened. 

It was originally intended that non-KFOCI members would get a temporary "guest pass" to become acquainted with this form of assistance the club could offer them as members of the KFOCI (being a Forum member is NOT being a member of the KFOCI).  If they had not joined after 6 months, their guest pass would be cancelled the assumption being they did not want to be a club member.  I do not know for certain why this was never done.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2021, 06:19:39 AM »
Well even though there was some discord, I miss Fid, Jim, you and all of the others here. That's all gone never to come back. If that's progress, I guess it's progress. I get it forums are so 2000, while Facebook is modern but now Facebook isn't modern either.

If you google K A I...the 1st thing that still comes up is this forum. 
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2021, 10:03:54 AM »
Obviously, getting it back up and running properly and accessible to all those who are members of the Forum shows there is interest "at the top".  It is just a matter of figuring out alternatives and "freezing" the threads on the last day of scheduled service for this platform (whenever, or if ever that occurs) to save the information already archived here.