Author Topic: car cruises/shows  (Read 1279 times)

retroguy

• '54 Kaiser Manhattan 003764 K542
    • View Profile
    • Email
car cruises/shows
« on: June 13, 2021, 05:16:23 PM »
I've been to three cruises/shows so far this year. And I've been the ONLY Kaiser to show up.  Where is everybody?  Pictures to follow.  Also I found a red die cast Darrin 1/24 model at Pasteiner's Models, Automotive Books, and Magazines, 248-646-2886, www.pasteiners.com.  About $350.00 I think.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: car cruises/shows
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »
On June 30th, Washington State was "opened up" by order of the Governor.  Almost instantly, my email began to fill with announcements of car shows in the area.  Unfortunately, with one exception, were conflicts with my work schedule (yes, the doctors are letting me go back to work) or will be while barbara and I are traveling to Rochester for the convention.

Best suggestion for members is to watch HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS, OLD CARS and check with your local Chambers of Commerce to see what car shows are popping up in your area and do your best to attend with your K-F or Willys car.  Seeing cars at the general old car shows (rather than car club or hot rod club sponsored if your car is stock) gets spectators and potential new members interested as they see there are people in their area that have these kinds of cars.  Talking to those who want to know about your car (and there will be people who want to ask questions) gives you an open to brag about your vehicles and make mention of the club that supports it.  Bring along recent monthly newsletters (or print off pages from the e-copies) to show what kinds of prices and conditions are for sale along with parts sources and parts for sale to show the cars are in general a good low-price starter car for a new old car hobbyist.