Author Topic: Manufactering Fund. What do you need the most?  (Read 18118 times)

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: Manufactering Fund. What do you need the most?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2014, 01:01:39 PM »
kfnut: the amber taillight lens is from Australia and was made up for the 1954 Aero only. Don't know much more about it other than a pic sent to me. The guy who made them (name escapes me at the moment) re-wired his taillights to have the directional signal work in the bottom lens, which from the factory did nothing - there was no light behind it. He decided to make it useful.
I don't know anything about any other amber lenses for Kaiser or Willys. Do you still have the lens? Take a pic and post it, maybe someone can ID it.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2014, 07:21:31 PM »
I heard in the past that a or some countries used amber tail lights but never heard which one or ones . If that is true and Kaiser exported to these countries , that would explain the lens . Would like to know for sure . Right now the lens is an oddity and good conversation piece . It looks like any other 54 tail light lens except amber in color . It has not faded to an amber color .

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »
Kaiser Key Blanks are available!!! see your monthly bulletin!!! I had a quanity made for the Ignition and trunk !! as was made for the 51 thru 55 Kaiser,Darren and HJ with the stamped "K" in the ignition and "YALE  NAME and the yale and towne mfg co." The TOOLING WAS $3666.52  AT $10.00 per set shipping included do you think i have any hope of breaking even on the tooling? had to go off shore as the neasest quote was $13,280 USA MADE

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »
Thanks Miles, seems many,many members loose out by NOT READING THE MONTHLY or they would have noticed the "K"key  blank sets have been available since 6/27/2011. AT THE Salem National meet (the overseas members bought a dozen sets at $20.00 per. to take back home

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2014, 05:43:19 AM »
Amber lenses were common in many of the old British colonies after they became independent members of the Commonwealth.  Over in England, a worker at the MOT (Ministry of Transport) told me the idea was put into play to identify a car turning compared to the red brake/stop lights. 

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 06:14:20 AM »
Thanks for that info on the tail light . I have taken it to a couple of conventions but no one could tell me the reason for an amber lens .

Marse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »
Rubber for the rear vent windows on my 1951 4-door Deluxe Kaiser. Also the hood emblem.

51 Silver Dragon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »
51 Kaiser tail lights and the spear hood ornament would be nice.
1951 Kaiser Dragon
2011 Subaru WRX

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 07:18:08 PM »
The rear vent gaskets are in the process of being manufactured. The fund had some made however, they shrunk in the mold and were not of acceptable quality so they are being re-run.

1951 Kaiser tail light lenses are common and readily available. Most any of the larger club vendors will have some.

The plastic tip for the 1951 hood ornament is also available thru our larger vendors. Check the club bulletin's classified section for listings. Not a member? Join today!

Any of the pot metal items like ornament bases, medallions, handles, etc are not in current production (from the manufacturing fund) due to the high cost of molds. I do know of a few small shops that will make one or two from a good sample...but they will come at a price.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
A good chrome plater can do wonders with rusty hood ornaments and fortunately many of the plastic nose pieces are available.  Occasionally a n.o.s. original will show up but they are expensive.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:53:24 AM by Gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kfoc751

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2014, 07:23:01 PM »
My suggestion is to purchase a three d printer.  Hp and best  buy have a new unit. Then produce keys. Wind wing hardware for the Darrin, script, etc. Parts can be made out of plastic for proto types and stainless for final product. Etc. Casting is obsolete thinking.

What do you think?
Richard

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 06:02:54 AM »
Have you researched the cost of the printer & supplies?  You need to build in recovery of these expenses; it's not like making a copy of a piece of paper for 10-25 cents a page.  Also, remember the master needs to be perfect.  Any pock marks, blemishes, rust, etc, will be prominent on the finished product. 

william shippy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
Hi, Ive needed a good set of "Manhattan" Emblems for my 49 Frazer Manhattan. The 47-48 are different and the others that look the same are about a 1/2" short. So, I thought of casting a new one from the one good one I have and i went online to see how casting is done. I found these videos on YouTube (my go-to video site..Learn a lot)

In the first video he shows you some of the things you can make, Note the clear tail light lens and that its tint-able. 

This Co. has the supplies to make a mold and the plastic's to mold the part. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRj6xzNx7P4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnY86LIHf_I

Will in Whittier, Ca. 

kfoc751

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »
Wind wing hardware for the Darrin.
Thanks
Richard

tplante

• 1955 Manhattan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »
 I would like to see 54 / 55 Manhattan rear window gasket. I think this is the one thing that could hold someone back from doing a complete restoration to these cars.