Author Topic: Whittier, ca Dealer  (Read 1664 times)

william shippy

• View Profile
    • Email
Whittier, ca Dealer
« on: November 08, 2021, 08:09:02 PM »
Was there a KF dealer in whittier, ca.?

I have a picture of this dealer I got from somewhere but it seems to be linked to Hudson. It doesn't say a car brand, just "Motors".

Wiest's Motors
 511 Greenleaf, Whittier, ca

Thanks, William

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Whittier, ca Dealer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 12:33:57 AM »
This is from my list of Kaiser-Frazer, Willys-Overland, Kaiser-Willys and Willys Motors dealers or distributors, 1945-1957

1.  Richer Motors   no address listed Whittier CA 1948 ad
2.  Weist's Motors  511 s. Greanleaf, Whittier CA  1946-1953
3/  Kaiser-Willys Whittier, 202 W. Hadley St, Whittier CA 1954

All of these appeared during the date (or dates) listed as a dealer in Newspaper ads run by the factory.

william shippy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 08:08:01 PM »
Thanks, The Weist's Motors  511 s. Greanleaf, Whittier is, I think, where Dave Schenk Dodge was. It's a park now.
My dad bought a new 1970 challenger there. He paid 2600.00 for it if i remember right. Orange, Stripped to the bone, no radio, 225 slant 6, 3 speed stick on the floor.

Are there any KF license plate frames around from one of those Whittier dealers?

William in Whittier

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 10:51:33 AM »
Once regularly found on eBay and at swap meets, license tags, license frames, trunk tags and even trunk stickers from various K-F dealers in different parts of the country are not seen that often anymore and when they turn up they are usually the same ones over and over again; back in the late 1980's I had no less than 30 from one of the Milwaukee WI dealers; the Midwest Division meet I hosted had one each in the goodie bags for those bringing K-F or Willys products.

Best bet these days is to go to KFOCI meets and check out the vendor areas.  Better still, get the SoCal Region to start doing meets again and go to the El Dorado Region meets to see what shows up.  Oh yes, you can also try your luck at area antique malls to see what shows up.