General Category > Manufacturing Fund Forum

1951 Dleuxe remove headlight switch

(1/1)

51 Willowrun:
Hello All,
I need to remove the headlight switch,I have read the service manual and it states how to remove the Knob.
There is no slot under the switch that enables me to release the clamp spring.The manual mentions a set screw first then speaks of the clamp spring as the other alternative.Does anyone have a photo that can show me where the clamp spring is located the casing has three ribs on the bottom but there are no holes anywhere I can see .
Thanks as always

joefrazer:
Look closely at the knob and you should see a small hole. Insert a straightened paper clip into the hole and feel around for what's called the clamp spring. It's actually a tab that rests against the switch shaft. While gently tugging on the knob, try to work the paper clip against the back of the tab. You'll need to be pushing your hand toward the dash which will be pulling the end of the paper clip forward which will, in turn, pull the tab away from the shaft enough to allow you to pull the knob off the shaft. To reinstall, simply push the knob on to the shaft.

It's not easy to do and patience is key!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version