Author Topic: 1955 Willys Custom Driver Quality  (Read 372 times)

glennstin

• Whomever Dies with the Most AL-TOY Jeeps Wins
    • View Profile
    • Email
1955 Willys Custom Driver Quality
« on: January 15, 2024, 03:02:50 PM »
My personal tour car, a two tone Green / White 4 Door, 37K mile and very dependable.  Mostly  original, paint shows age.  One of the better last edition Willys cars available.  A solid $10,000 value.  A Kansas parts car is included.  I'm in hospice care and would like to get this into lovin' Willys hands. Family not interested. Make me a CASH offer or a payment plan my family can work with.  Won't split the two as we are talking last edition Willys car. Message me for more pix and details.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 03:05:00 PM by glennstin »
'55  Custom, Plus a Kansas Parts Car , '59 CJ3B, '50 Jeepster, AL-TOY Jeep Models, Willys Lit. , DJ3A Goodies, Willys History, Willys Special Equipment

glennstin

• Whomever Dies with the Most AL-TOY Jeeps Wins
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1955 Willys Custom Driver Quality
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 01:33:03 AM »
It seems this car has some history in the KFOCI as previously owned by Bill Tilden, a club historian.  when I bought it I knew nothing of it's past.  Here is a quote from Rick Kamen on The Willys Aero Survival and Preservation Group:

Rickey Kamen
Author
Admin
The green 1955 Custom came from Dave Horton in Florida and before that belonged to Bill Tilden. Dave inherited the green '55 and the '53 Eagle (also in this pic) when Bill died. Glenn bought the '55 from Dave Horton a little while back. This photo is from the episode of "Legends of the Road" that was about the Willys Aero. Bill and I were both interviewed and we had our cars together for the filming. The white and red Aero is none other than Old Toby. "Legends of the Road" was a 1/2 hour show that featured different cars each episode and aired on ESPN2 about 15 years ago. That's my cousin, Peter Goldsmith, the co-producer and me standing with the Aeros.

Please chime in here if you know more info.
'55  Custom, Plus a Kansas Parts Car , '59 CJ3B, '50 Jeepster, AL-TOY Jeep Models, Willys Lit. , DJ3A Goodies, Willys History, Willys Special Equipment

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 07:53:57 AM »
I remember when Bill owned the 55.

Thomasso

• MSN Messenger - walund41@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 12:49:32 PM »
These cars should be worth a lot more.  My original 55 Bermuda gets more love and attention than my 57 high dollar Ford E code Sunliner conv.  Most people have never seen one and love to have their pictures taken with " Sweet Willie".  Of course 90% have no idea that Willys ever built a car.
- 55 Willys Bermuda - 57 Ford E-CODE Sunliner - 63 Riveria - 97 Chev K10 - 99 Ford Lightening - 04 jag VDP - 1998 Jag XK8. 07 Lincoln - 08 Taurus X. All old like me.