Author Topic: Hershey Week is just around the corner.  (Read 1804 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hershey Week is just around the corner.
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:08:22 PM »
I have been going to Hershey PA for the big swap meet for about thirty five years.  They say that if you can not find it at Hershey it does not exist.  Well it is fun to trek thru the twenty six miles of swap meet spaces and view the judging on Saturday which always has over 1,000 beautifully restored cars.  Another fun part is seeing and meeting so many Kaiser-Frazer owners and I am really going to look forward to that.  There seems to be less and less good K-F collectibles each year but I usually come home with a couple of goodies so that makes it extra fun.  I will be visiting my K-F Willys cars in St Joseph MO on the way and may bring something back to CA on the way home.  I need to finish up the chrome work on the GP Frazer and I kind of miss my '40 Ford coupe that I have owned now for 52 years so it is kind of a toss up at this point which one to bring home.  I recently rented a four car garage so it is not necessary for me to store everything out of state.  I usually see many of you there and hope to see you again this year.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hershey Week is just around the corner.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »
Thanks Dave,  I will look forward to getting together.
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »
I just got back from Hershey as I went home the long way thru Texas to see Ben Walker.  He is fine and has almost finished his radiation and wishes that more friends would stop by and say hello.  He is one fine fellow and a great asset to our Club.  After walking thru Hershey swap spaces for three days I came up with a Shay Motors K-F Willys Overland wood lead pencil and that was it!  There were a few cars for sale though and it was fun seeing many of you.  I had a great time even though there were slim pickings for K-F items but I will sure be back next year.  I turned right around and went to the Early Ford V-8 Club Western meet in St George Utah this Mon. Tues and Wed.  Over 350 cars and the tour to Zion National Park was over two miles long and the Utah Highway Patrol stopped the traffic on the freeway until all of the V-8's went by.  Lots of fun!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:53:50 PM by gordie »
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
Once upon a time... Ben Walker & I went to a number of swap meets every year. At the end of October was the Chickashaw OK Meet. We would leave E Texas after noon on Friday and stop at Platt NP/Chickasaw NRA/ Sulfur, OK (note the spelling of Chickasaw varies) to spend the night. After Labor Day camping was free at the NRA. We would get up early the next morning and be at the Swap Meet before 7 AM. Ben would sell his literature and I would roam the swap meet. Then we would close up at 5 PM, drive a ways before stopping for dinner  We would be back at home about 1 AM.
The swap meet was important because we would see vendors from OK, KS and Nebraska who didn't come down to the swap meets in Texas.
This was like a camping trip for for guys that were too old to be in Boy Scouts, and a hunting retreat for guys who were not into shooting deer.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170