Author Topic: New guy here.  (Read 3779 times)

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
New guy here.
« on: July 14, 2008, 07:59:35 PM »
Greetings everyone.

My name is Aaron. I guess you all know "Fid". Well, I married his little sister a couple years ago, and apparently that means I get a Kaiser of my own. No kidding. Mr. Fid Sr. has informed me it is a done deal. The '51 Special is ours. It doesn't even compare to how wonderful it is being married to my wife, but it is (as you all know) a life changing event. I have been lurking around the past few weeks, soaking up as much as I can. Fid and I are working out some difficulties in the fuel system, and "Lasagna," as we call her, will be back in shape in no time.

I look forward to meeting you all, and learning as much as I can from you more seasoned members.

See you on the roads.

KFOCI #9798

flamingchariots

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New guy here.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 08:35:31 AM »
Welcome, Aaron!  OK, why is the car named "lasagna'?  I'm almost afraid to ask!
Kevin

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »
Hi Kevin, I'll respond regarding the car's name.  Fid Sr did a story about it in a 1993 edition of the KFOC Quarterly which described the name and why.
The car was listed for sale in the Portland, OR newspaper on Memorial Day weekend 1991. Fid Sr was in Portland visiting my brother and they went to look at it.  Even though the body and rubber items were in perfect shape and all the parts were there, he felt it was too much work and the price was too high. He passed on the deal and went back to my brother's place.  He wanted to head home to Seattle that night but when he arrived back at my brother's place the women told him they wanted to stay an extra day and that they were in the middle of making lasagna for dinner.  Fid Sr countered with a threat "Well if you're going to do that, I'm going back and look at that Kaiser again..." or something to that effect. Anyway, he went back and offered the lady $300 for the car, about 15% of what she was originally asking, and much to his shock she took the offer.  They decided to name the car Lasagna in honor of the event that spawned its acquisition. A full resto was completed by Thanksgiving and the car is still a top-notch example.  Lucky Aaron!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:06:16 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
Thanks Kevin.

Lucky me indeed!

Hey Lowell, we gonna get that pump in this weekend?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 07:57:35 PM by Weaz »
KFOCI #9798

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:04:38 PM »
I'm ready - Saturday morning would be good. Shouldn't take too long, just give me a call.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios