Poll

Looking for a Kaiser?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: 51 Kaiser  (Read 1598 times)

bradyerickson

• View Profile
    • Email
51 Kaiser
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:52:29 PM »
I know this isn't a place to try and sell cars but I have a 1951 Kaiser that I am trying to sell. Does anyone know of someone that might be looking for one or could tell me the best place to post to try and find buyers?

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 51 Kaiser
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »
Thanks for mentioning the KFOCI Monthly Bulletin as another area that reaches a smaller but more interested potential market.

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:42 AM »
If you are trying to sell it, tell where (well, at least approximately) you are, and WHAT you are selling. A 51 Kaiser covers a lot of territory. Kaiser or Henry J? Colour(s), interior and exterior, including material on the inside; automatic, standard, standard with overdrive; Special or Deluxe; 2 door, 4 door, or Traveler utility, and so forth. In fact, check to see if this car is already in the Registry, and if not, shoot him an email, and give him the information below.

On the door post between the hinges, will be the serial # 51N-nnnnnn  with N being 1 or 2 for Special or Deluxe, with nnnnn being the actual serial # of production. On the firewall, there is another plate starting 51NN-nnnn  with the first N being 1 or 2 again, and the second N being the exact model ie 0, 1, 2 etc standing for various models, business coupe, Deluxe coupe, Traveler utility, 2dr sedan, 4 dr sedan. The nnnn with be the numbers of the body, as it was welded up awaiting assembly. These numbers do not exactly go lock step with the serial number, as different models would be produced at different times.

There would also be a bunch of numbers at various spots over and under various letter designations like TR, DR, AG, SCHED, ITEM, TRIM etc etc. Post those here and we can tell you how the car was produced at the factory, and where it was assembled.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »
I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with your Bulletin ads.  I have had good success over the years and I find many things that I need there and have had good luck advertising for my needs.  The Bulletin ads are one of the fine benefits of belonging to this Club.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom