Author Topic: Kaiser Rebuild  (Read 1295 times)

Bad49chevy

• View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser Rebuild
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:16:36 AM »
 ???
   I am getting ready to start my rebuild on my 51 Kaiser 2Dr and have a couple questions. My seats are shot and was looking into leather seats from like maybe a Cadillac, has any one ever put different seats in their Kaiser? Also I want to go through the engine looking for the best place to get a rebuild kit also a carb kit? I know I had asked this before a while back. I am going to go more toward the custom look and would like to put some different rims on if possible any ideas.
     Thanks in advance for any help, I know that most of you keep your Kaisers original and stock, but I perfer the custom look, so up front I just want everyone to know that I appreciate the stock and original cars. I went with a Kaiser because not to many around and I love the body style.
   Thanks
       Terry

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Kaiser Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 05:20:12 PM »
Most any seat with the correct width will fit but I've heard that 80's Lincolns fit well. A fellow on the east coast used seats from an 84 or 85 Town Car and they look good. As for rims, KF used the same bolt pattern 15x5.5 as Chrysler so wheels from Chrysler products will work. You will need to remove the guide pin from the drums if your new rims are not set up to accept them.

Places like AutoZone and NAPA carry gaket sets for KF engines. Hard parts like pistons, etc, can be sourced thru anywhere that sells TRW parts. Other brands are available too and NAPA may have them as well.

Carb kits can be purchased from Rudy Phillips in CA. I don't have his contact info at hand, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Rebuild
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »
I have a VERY decent pair of 51 front fenders, should you need them.

JD