Author Topic: fuel pump keiser darrin  (Read 3153 times)

bob

• View Profile
fuel pump keiser darrin
« on: November 30, 2008, 09:06:40 AM »
To anyone out there in the know:

I recently purchesed a Kaiser Darrin and I'm in need of a fuel pump to get the car running. On my maiden trip down the highway I had the car running smoothly until it shut down. I tapped on the fuel pump a few times and was able to make my way home just before it died on me again. I would like to swap out the fuel pump if anyone out there has any suggestion on how to locate one. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob Morris

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: fuel pump keiser darrin
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 12:01:46 PM »
Here's a place you might want to try -
Then and Now Automotive Phone 781-335-8860 and webpage http://www.maritimedragracing.com/then_and_now_automotive.htm They sell rebuild kits for the Henry J fuel pumps. I don't know if the Darrin is the same. The Henry J originally used a Carter pump (on both single action and vacuum boosted versions). Kits for those are about $60.00.   They also rebuild them if you send yours to them.
I really do not like the AC pumps that many of the club vendors sell. While they work, you have to replumb the hoses/tubes, the AC pumps are noisy and they spew oil out the side all the time.  Therefore, I avoid them when I can.  Give this place a call and see what they say.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios