Author Topic: Where Is The 2012 National Meet?  (Read 5215 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Where Is The 2012 National Meet?
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:48:17 AM »
I looked before asking but only see the 2011 schedule. I was planning on attending the Buick Club National meet in North Carolina as our family vacation for summer 2012 but thought I might see where the KF National meet is first. 

What's the statistical wrap up if anybody knows - for the 2011 California National?  How many cars, how many attended, etc.
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Where Is The 2012 National Meet?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:05:45 PM »
The 2012 meet will be in Sweetwater, TN in late June...17-21. At the 2011 national there were about 150 people registered to attend the banquet and something like 45 cars on the show field in Thursday.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »
Barbara and I are hoping to make the 2012 National with (we hope) a 1951 Henry J.  It will depend on what I am doing (or not doing as the case may be) next June.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 08:39:10 AM »
Thanks. I know it's a long way off but, like the Buick Club meet in North Carolina, it's a major funding decision and we usually start saving a year in advance.

Now, I typed in Sweetwater, TN and their website is pretty neat, appealing to an older crowd with antique shops and such.  I'll pitch it to the wife.   I would not have a KF to drive unless I can get that 47 Frazer Joe F recommended.

No old cars owned.

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
Sweetwater TN could have a lot of entertainment possibilities. It is about 2/3 of the way from Chattanooga to Knoxville via I75. It is close to the Great Smokies NP (and the associated attractions) and the Tellico District of the Cherokee National Forest. There are several commercial caverns near by. I am more than just a little biased since I spent 8 years of my childhood just down the road.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 12:08:35 AM »
Well, I'm very disappointed. I wanted to make the meet, Sweetwater, TN would be a perfect place to jump off for other things we would like to do on the East Coast, but the dates can not be worse for us.  School out here on the wacky left coast will still be going on. I remember getting out in May when I was a wee lad. (They don't seem to educate our kids very well anyway, but that is another story, for another blog site...) 
Disappointed.   :(
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

GA Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »
Sorry you cannot make it from Washington State.  It is not too far from me and I hope to be able to attend this one.  Mapquest shows it as 135 miles from my house, taking 2 hours and 45 minutes via GA 5 and TN 68 and avoiding the interstate.  Not too bad.  It will be my first National if I can make it with my '54.
GA Kaiser
1954 Manhattan

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
I noticed in my May newsletter the back page was an application for the National in San Diego. THIS is what I need as it has events and banquet information.  It made no mention of the car show or judged portion.  Also, unfortunate TO ME that the events were scheduled Sun-Thurs. I found this odd as my club experience (WP Chrysler / Buick Club / Cadillac LaSalle Club) the events are usually ---> you roll in on Weds or Thurs, the meet actually starts on Weds and ends with banquet Sat night and we shake hands Sunday and head back.
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »
The KF club uses a Mon-Fri format for their conventions so that folks traveling don't have to take 2 weeks of vacation to get to and from the meet. The later start and end has been tried but with limited success. The 2013 national will be using a Tuesday start with a Saturday nite end.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 04:14:29 AM »
Information on ANY KFOCI event published in the Monthly Bulletin reflects whatever the organizers/hosts of the meet submit for publication; if they do not provide a schedule of events (day/time, etc) or information on where/when judging takes place, it can not be passed on to the members of the club.  I agree that dates/times of critical events needs to be listed as early as possible so people coming can plan accordingly.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
The KF club uses a Mon-Fri format for their conventions so that folks traveling don't have to take 2 weeks of vacation to get to and from the meet. The later start and end has been tried but with limited success. The 2013 national will be using a Tuesday start with a Saturday nite end.

Thanks for the information. I guess it doesn't really matter, a person will burn a week of vacation.
No old cars owned.

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
Once Upon a Time... The KF Club had Nationals that were Thursday (actually Friday) through Sunday. This only worked because most of the people attending lived in the Mid-West, the National was in the Mid-West, and the typical drive was less than a day. There was also less that needed to be done. Now a typical Mid-West Divisional Meet is Friday through Sunday.
The current National schedule was established by the time Gary Mechanick put on his National in Fenton (St Louis) MO in 1986.
There may be a reason why the days may be shifted earlier or later but I would hope it would be because of an attraction or event that our members would enjoy.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170