Author Topic: Need help big time  (Read 1299 times)

Harry

• View Profile
    • Email
Need help big time
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:43:40 PM »
After putting a couple of thousand in my 48 the rebuilt engine I bought has  turn out to be no good, I have rebuilt the Trans and replace just about everything, I need to know if there is a modern engine that could be put in without alot of work? someone said maybe a Ford 6 cly. or should I try to sell it for what I can get, the car is in very good shape,has a very good interior  and body, not perfect but very good I have no idea what to ask for a car with no engine? once again a great car. Have proof of all work done from 1982 to now some of the work was done by the first owner.Thanks Harry

superk226

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need help big time
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:28:19 PM »
What is wrong with the engine ? Do you have a Kaiser or a Frazer and what model?

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 04:40:37 AM »
Better question, where are you located?  There are people in the club scattered all over the country.  While not all of us are mechanics, there could be someone in your area who may be able to help you work out what ails the car.

Harry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »
My car is a 1948 Kaiser Special I live in New Jersey, the engine was purchase as rebuilt but was not, just painted, cyl rusted and taper, crank out of round, valves lose in guides oil leaks, the first owner rebuilt the engine that came with car in 82 the block cracked after 13,000 miles, so went with the rebuilt, my dream was to take the car to the Hemmings cruise, in Vermont, was lucky in that I did get money back for engine,but lost out on labor to take old out, put new in and then out again, I do not have the health to do the work myself any longer so cost is high, Ihave to fix or sell as wife says if its not running she wants gargage back. Thanks for reply