Author Topic: 49-50 Frazer in a new McDonald's ad?  (Read 1309 times)

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
49-50 Frazer in a new McDonald's ad?
« on: February 20, 2012, 06:55:32 AM »
There is a new 'retro' ad that McDonald's is airing that I have seen about 5 times here in Canada--not sure if it is showing in the US (yet?) as I haven't yet seen it on any of the US stations on my satellite dish service, only on Canadian stations so far it seems.

Shows an early McDonalds restaurant at night, with a rear view of two cars parked out front, the one on the left some late 50s finned thing--I am actually embarassed that I haven't really twigged to what it is yet--Chev? Pontiac? Desoto?--because I first saw and keep looking at the car on the right, which is a 49-50 Frazer I think. The ad is short, and the view of the cars is just a second or so.

Anyone know anything about this ad/car?
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: 49-50 Frazer in a new McDonald's ad?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:29:10 PM »
Don't forget to record it! I saw an ad years ago that had slave-types dragging a '53 Kaiser through the mud with a chain. I contacted the company that was being advertised and they put me in contact with the advertising firm that created the ad. I contacted the firm and they sent me a video tape of the ad. A little research and maybe we can share it, eh?
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.