Author Topic: 1949 Frazer Rear Light Cable Assemblys  (Read 1289 times)

Jeri Conklin

• 1949/1950 Frazer
    • View Profile
    • Email
1949 Frazer Rear Light Cable Assemblys
« on: June 20, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »
Anyone have a resource for the rear cable assembly, tail and stop light (both left and right) and the Cable Assembly for directional light (both left and right)? Are these NAPA exchangeable parts? Or if you have spares hanging around and want to sell them, I'll gladly buy them. Those are my only missing/damaged light parts. Thank you!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1949 Frazer Rear Light Cable Assemblys
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »
There are no NAPA exchanges that I know of for what you want.  I'd suggest you make up a list of wants and run a WANTED ad in the KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN.  Ads are free to members.

Jeri Conklin

• 1949/1950 Frazer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00:12 AM »
My husband says we can just buy light assemblies that fit that type of bulb from anywhere as "any" light assembly will work, it doesn't have to be a Frazer part. Is this true or false?

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »
If the internal contacts are the same and it will mount properly, it does not have to be a K-F branded item.  If anyone would ask, upgrading electrical sockets/connections could be considered a vehicle safety issue.  You are trying to prevent chance of electrical fires (shorts) or loss of critical signal function.    At least that is how I would view it.

A lot of the electrical stuff deteriorates over time just sitting on a shelf as the metal/contacts corrode.