Author Topic: Willys Aero windshield and rear window weatherstrips  (Read 6386 times)

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Willys Aero windshield and rear window weatherstrips
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
Years ago, John Parker made these for 1-piece windshields (1953 Ace & Eagle and all the rest thru 1955) and wrap-a-round 1-piece rear windows (late 1954 & 1955). Divider bars for the 2-piece windshield and 3-piece rear wrap-a-rounds could be added. Rudy Phillips ended up with these.

Rumor has it that Rudy has run out and will do a run of about 30 of each if someone buys them all. I think this would be a good thing for the Manufacturing Fund to do.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

vettelang

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Willys Aero windshield and rear window weatherstrips
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 06:06:44 PM »
Not realizing that there are none in stock I would support this. I would only need one set though, not 30!

ld121125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 02:11:01 AM »
i  could  use  a  set  of  rear  three piece   and  a front  windshield  for  a 1953  aero  eagle

simihacker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:47:28 PM »
Still looking for weatherstripping for my  53 Willys Aero
Any replies would be appreciated

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 11:17:57 AM »
Has anyone talked to Duane Hays lately? I bought front & rear gaskets from him last year. They have the groove for the stainless trim insert, front was for 1 piece windshield, the rear was for the wide window, too large for my Lark but I snagged it anyway thinking I can figure a way to cut a section out & re-bond the ends if my size doesn't turn up by the time I start reassembling.

donegoing2002@yahoo.com
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 07:45:03 PM »
Rudy had the front and rear window rubbers (1-piece front and 1-piece wrap-around rear, both with the slit for the stainless trim), but I heard he sold them to Duane Hayes in Peyton, CO. I do not know if Duane has moved them from SoCal to Colo yet, along with the other Willys parts he bought from Rudy.
One piece windshields are part number W-325 and I believe all the NOS tinted ones are gone now, but clear windshields are still available thru places like Iowa Glass and others. Ebay has them often, along with back glass (1-piece small and wrap-around and 3-piece wraparound) as well. I have heard that someone has re-made (or plans to re-make) the 1-piece windshields, but cannot corroborate this.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
aeroman@aol.com
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
I have a one piece clear rear glass for an Aero that I would be glad to give to someone who'd promise to use it. I was given the glass by Paul Brimm years ago and I'd just like to pass it along...before I trip over it and break it!

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
I also have several rear windows in good shape: a few small ones from Larks, Wings and Falcons and a few 1-piece wrap arounds for the 1954's and 1955's. I have several 3-piece sides and maybe one center. Let me know if you need them. All are good with no separation or discoloration.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
aeroman@aol.com