Author Topic: Bulletin Editor  (Read 5172 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bulletin Editor
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:19 PM »
How can we implement this plan?  Is there any chance of the members voting for it or will it just go away because some of the club officers don't want it?
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Let me comment on the issue of judging. My personal opinion of whether judging should happen at all aside, the issue lies with having people who will commit themselves to becoming SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), in addition to having material to support them. While at the national meet, many folks step up to the plate and help judge...that's great...except that many have little experience as judges and they have little to support them as judges. I've read...and heard...it time and time again..."I'd like to help"...but when it comes to to actually assist with getting the alleged ills with judging corrected, you can hear a pin drop.

So, until a firm group of committed people step forward and build both a library of material to help the judges, and we have a core team of people who will commit to judge at each national to maintain a consistent approach, we'll only continue to hear the same chorus of "when is somebody gonna do something about judging".
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:37:35 AM by joefrazer »

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 06:25:38 AM »
f we are gointg to continue a "judging" conversation, let's start a new thread with that in the subject matter.
In this manner, those in the future who are concerned about judging can go to the proper thread rather than have pertinent info buried in a "bulletin editor" thread.

Kenn Evans II

• MSN Messenger - winslowcemeteries@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 11:35:21 PM »
Thank you Barbara for all of the great work you have done. I wish you and Jack a great and Happy New Year and thanks for your contributions to the KF Club. I hope a solution can be made soon and I would like to see you return in the future as our club editor.
Family of 1952 Kaiser Manhattan 1952 Kaiser Deluxe 1949 Kaiser Traveler 1961 Falcon Ranchero 1963 Galaxie 500 XL Conv. 1964 Cadillac Sovereign Landaulet combination ambulance hearse , 1970 Ford Truck F100 1972 Chevelle SS Conv.  1979 Chevrolet C100 KF Member # 10252

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 01:53:25 PM »
Ditto Kenn's remarks.  Let's all kiss and make up and bring Barb back as Bulletin Editor.  There are many more critical KFOCI matters to deal with rather than have the entire membership suffer with a Bulletin Editor change and I hardly see where our club could find a more capable, talented volunteer.  I've been around for 30 years so I hope my opinion holds at least a little weight.  Thanks.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
Many of us agree.
1951 Henry J Deluxe

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »
Ditto

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 02:35:19 AM »
Although I have no real idea what goes on behind the scenes, the newsbulletin, calendar and the quarterlies are the lifeblood of this club and they were, all three of them, excellent publications. Regardless of any shenanigans going on behind the scenes, I would like to see the editors of each reinstated and the problems with them resolved.

I still feel that dirty laundry should not be aired like it was, it seemed a cheap shot and we should be above that. It felt more like gossip to me, but then, as I stated earlier, I'm ignorant of the facts and apparently will remain so.  Yes, this is a forum for the club and the newsbulletin is our main source of club news, but let's try to quietly resolve problems first before resorting to pointing fingers publicly.

Anyway, many of us have sporadically worked on written judging standards and I would like to see that effort resurrected. That should also be covered in a different thread than this one.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly on getting the club to accept a standard way of judging,the LINCOLN AND CONTENTAL INTERNATIONAL CLUB HAS A COMPREHENSICE  RULE BOOK AND I ENJOYED GETTING MY MARK 111 GONE OVER. Their rule book dealt with DRIVERS vis. Trailer Queens and were judged accordingly.  as to Barbara, she should receive an apology for the way the matter was handled and if the problem does exist should be corrected. and reinstated with thanks for the input to the CLUB