Author Topic: Hollenway - Question re: washers on '54 Kaiser  (Read 5297 times)

54 Kaiser

• View Profile
Hollenway - Question re: washers on '54 Kaiser
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:07:34 AM »
Gordie...

Here's a picture of a 54 Manhattan with the relay you mention.  It does indeed solve the problem.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1074542318029945987PchQUa

Hollenway:

I see a washer fluid bottle up near the firewall on yours. I don't see any evidence on mine that it ever had washers. Did you add them or were they factory. If you added them, where did you put the jets? Cowl or hood? Is the pump manual or electric?

I've looked all over for a 6 volt electric pump with no success. Bought a "Pushbutton" mechanical pump for a british car but have not installed it yet. Couldn't find one of those old "beehive" type pumps that go on the floor.

Any advise you can share?

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hollenway - Question re: washers on '54 Kaiser
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 12:23:18 PM »
Hollenway, Always love Your Pictures... I thought at first You had a Black Dragon ???.. I am G.B.Bonham LM 4307 with the all Vinyl Dragons. We have meet & emailed before... Lowel Johnson just restored the All Green All Vinyl Dragon. they only made 5 of that type. He used to have one like mine but sold His to Nauman in TX. On the Dragons the washer jets are on the square chrome area on the inside  where the arms attach. The washer button was on the left side under the dash , under the light switch. That is on the bottom of the dash... Best, G.B.
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

hollenway

Re: Hollenway - Question re: washers on '54 Kaiser
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:24:23 AM »
The washers came from the factory as you see them... vacuum operated pump and the jets are part of the wiper pivots.