Author Topic: Kaiser Dragon Forum  (Read 28085 times)

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser Dragon Forum
« on: July 31, 2007, 01:05:58 PM »
Thought I would Start a Dragon Topic. I love all the Kaiser Frazer Willy's Products. Some will say I am stuck on the All Vinyl Dragon subject ? In My Research I have learned a lot of all the K.F.& W. Vehicles. Most important I have meet some of the most wonderful People in the World in My Research in Our Club. I will post more info about My story later. Plus want to lean more of what other K.F.O.C. Club members have learned. This is what its all about... G.B. LM 4307
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 01:07:45 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Dragon Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 04:39:35 AM »
         Hi, I'm G.B.Bonham LM 4307 K.F.O.C. Member. I to with the help of the Kaiser-Frazer Club found My Dad & Mom Dragon in 7 Months after not knowing what happened to it in 14 Years. We lost it after My Dad passed in California & moved back to the Mid West.We gave it to some friends & they sold it in 1965. I found it in 1979. Folks this was before the day of the computer. I talked to People in the Club all over the Country on the Phone. Some You had to write because they only had the Name & Address . The man that has it did not want to sell. This was fine because it was his First Car & now in his Collection. So a member in Minnesota wanted to sell His A/V Dragon to make room for the Kaiser Airport Bus. I was lucky to that this Dragon  was owned by The Man that started the Dragon List of Owners Dragon in the Club Tom Behnke. He found out about a rare Dragon called an All Vinyl Dragon. Paint 099, Trim 5312. The last Quarterly from the K.F.O.C. Club has a picture on page 2. of the back seat. The supplier was the Carpenter Vinyl Company. Richard Langworth The Last Onslaught on Detroit also was starting a list.I passed the list on to Harold Hagen
http://www.eskimo.com/~hhagen/reg/reg.htm  . Many Club members have had People contact me if any questions about All Vinyl Dragons. If You have one & I know You , Please email & say Hi... Please Anyone that has one also email Me so we can meet. In the past had Tops , Gold , Chrome done for Dragon owners. may start again if needed. Best Regards G.B. Bonham ... email at: gbbonham2000@yahoo.com .....                      Best, G.B.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 04:45:41 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 04:49:25 AM »
Please anybody ???  Let us know what Color & interior combination of Your Dragon...  If You have an All Vinyl Dragon Please respond... If You have found a new Dragon that is not in Our Club or just joined Please respond...   

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »
1951 Jade :o
  Mine is 1953 , Dragon Whisperer do You have a 51 Dragon ? G.B.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »
Good to here someone drop by the Dragon Forum ... Wish the Forum would send Emails when someone respones on a topic. Even better any entry's on any forum topic , I would like a response...

fowens

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »
Just want to contact anyone interested in "vinyl Dragons."  My '53 Holly Mist green vinyl Dragon has been in the family since my Dad purchased it in '59.  All the mechanicals have been restored.  The interior is excellent [except for the carpet].  Currently, we are thinking about restoring the white vinyl top.  Would welcome any info about other Dragons or tips for restoration.

Fred Owens, York County, PA

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
 I also have a 53 Dragon, I dont know the the official name of the color, but it is a metallic burgandy or wine red color with a matching interior. I too will need to redo the vinyl top.It has a white top and should be a straw bambu from what I can tell.  It looks to me like the front and rear glass would need to be taken out to put a fresh top on. Does anyone here have experience with them? I have heard it takes about six yards of bambu vinyl to replicate the factory top, does this sound correct? If so, its over $500.00 just for the vinyl.

Chris

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »
I have a Vinyl Dragon as well, but Gerald knows about it via Bobby Roads. It is like most of the other known Vinyl Dragons - Holly Frost. At one time the Club thought about 20 or so Vinyl Dragons were made, but there are nearly that many known now. 
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 02:15:27 PM »
Hi, Just a Quick Note: I got to see first hand all of the Vinyl for the All Vinyl Dragon. I have known Richard Hanson for a long time, but got to meet in Person last Summer. Looking at the Dragon Bambu Vinyl all looks correct to My Eye's for the Green. Have not got to see any the Color Bambu for other Dragons. Richard needs Credit for finding the rollers in Japan. Plus finding a person to produce it.                                                                                                                    In the 80's & 90's I had Tops made for the All Vinyl Dragon's. Off White Poplin. Vinyl makers have other names for it Today. I will get with the Top maker but been waiting for Other Colors to be produced in the Bambu to be produced... Please respond on what You know about the Bambu ? What Color have You had made... Best, G.B.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:19:26 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »
PICKED UP ANOTHER DRAGON, BLACK & WHITE. MARIE NICHOLS TYPE BODY GOOD, 2 REAR DOOR BOTTOM RUSTY,LEFT REAR QUARTER LIGHTLY DENTED. P/S P/B WINDSHIELD WASHER,DOOR GARDS.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »
Dragon & Other K.F. owners please Note: The Story of Richard Hansen in the Last Two K.F.O.C. New Letter on finding the Vinyl Rollers.  Plus finding some one that would produce the Vinyls again for Our Club. This will help anyone restore the K.F. product that has the Vinyls in them.  We now can do Bambu Tops for other Dragons. I was the one getting the White Tops done in the 80's-90's ... Lets everybody give Richard a big thanks & Thumb's Up. Best, G.B. Bonham L.M. 4307    Here is His email...    mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com     
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:33:14 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »
This is great that we now have reproduction upholstery for our Dragons (and other models).  I'm using mine as a driver for now, but sometime in the future I will definitely be checking out some new material.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 12:21:40 PM »
Yes , All Do to Richard Hansen finding the rollers . Plus someone to make it... G.B.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »
Information on the Dragons, Mine is COMPLETE with all new vinyl interior.  ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS -- the maroon color was called MAROON VELVET and the material for the top is STRAW COLOR  Contact jim Betts pacific n/w he bought some from SMS in may and brought it to the Yreka meet along with the PEA****** BLUE interior color for the head liner and seats. Jim took non deteriorated original samples with him and ask if they could duplicate it. He was STUNNED THAT THEY HAD IT IN STOCK with a perfict match for all of it. SMS HAS ALL THE KAISER COLORS 1947-1955 from original factory materials    it takes 6 yards for the vinyl top. at this time the material it running $<$90> per yard.  all vinyl top material is now called PIN CRUSH.  RICHARD #3719

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 08:41:37 PM »
Very good info, thanks.  Any news about how the quality of the laguna cloth is.  I'm not ready yet, but in the future I will want to buy some of the black on white laguna and black bambu vinyl.