Author Topic: '41 Imperial random question  (Read 1805 times)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
'41 Imperial random question
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:57:58 PM »
This is a random question, but I saw this '41 Chrysler Crown Imperial on Craigslist in my area http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/3817203712.html.  I'm looking for a rough bluebook value on this car, but I could not find it listed on Hagerty.  I want to go take a look at it in person and maybe make an offer on it--not the $5,500 they are asking, but want to make an offer they might accept.  This car is a full CCCA Classic.  Any Imperial experts out there that can talk about the value of these restored, and in various conditions?

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: '41 Imperial random question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 08:42:25 AM »
Logan
I am no Imperial expert, so when I need answers I go to the Imperial On Line Club.  Type it into Google just like that and it will come up. There, you will get all the information you need-production totals, engine size, PDF's of the factory brochures, and member photos.

I always cringe when people say a car is a "full CCCA classic". Like that means anything at all. Obviously, in my opinion, it does not.  I love Imperials and have followed them for quite awhile.  In some years, Imperials were not much more then gussied up New Yorkers.
No old cars owned.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
Thanks for the NADA link.  It gives $11,350 for low retail and $23,500 for high retail.  I'm not sure what low retail means here.  Yes, CCCA full classics is not the end-all be-all, but most of the cars on the are of exceptional quality in some way.  Thanks for the website.  I sent them a message.

StillOutThere

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
So did you buy the car?????
'34 Terraplane convertible coupe
'51 Kaiser Deluxe coupe
'52 Spohn Palos cabriolet
'53 Nash-Healey
'57 Chrysler 300C convertible

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »
I did not buy the car.  I spoke with the owner and saw more pictures, and it is rougher than I thought, and too much of a project for me.  I was attracted by the long wheelbase and big, straight-8 power.  I love my KF, but at some point I would also like a late 30s or 40s "long automobile": Packard and Imperial are both high on the list.  I love Cadillacs, but the ones I really like are too pricy.  In a dream-world I would like a Duesenber or a Cadillac V16 (early, OHC version), but that is just a dream!