Author Topic: 2013 National Convention  (Read 2743 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
2013 National Convention
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
For those contemplating the 2013 national convention in Shipshewana, hopefully I can persuade you to attend. In your monthly news bulletin is a registration form along with information about the meet. Because this year's convention is centrally located, we're looking forward to a large turnout. I'm personally hoping for at least 75 cars on show day. If you've never seen more than one Kaiser, Frazer or Willys automobile at a show, this will be your chance to see many and compare one model to another.

While formal judging is, and has always been voluntary, there will be many folks there with the knowledge needed to help you with your car...whether it's to restore to like new, or just make a nice driver of it. Attached is a photo of just a few of the cars at least year's event.

In addition, this year we elect a new slate of officers. We are actively seeking someone to act as club secretary for the next two years. Our current secretary had to step down due to health issues so we're looking for someone to fill his shoes!

I hope to see you there!

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2013 National Convention
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:37:12 PM »
I WILL BE THERE so now you only need 73 car to make the goal.
It is always a great time at the convention.
So lets see a big turnout.
WHO IS COMING with a car and without a car ???????
REPLY HERE lets get a count
LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang
1959 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite
2002 Limited Edition Camaro

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:35:29 AM »
Two weeks ago I attended the Midwest Willys reunion. They had over 100 Jeep vehicles and nearly 250 people at the Saturday evening banquet. The show felt like a KF national of old...cars parked everywhere, vendors lining two full rows of the parking lot, and plenty of food and cold drinks for everyone. I see no reason why the 2013 KF convention can't do the same. The show is in the nations "sweet spot", near where the cars were built, just off a major highway and an easy drive for most folks, whether they bring a car or not. So, I hope for a good turnout.

I mentioned our convention at the Willys reunion banquet and several people who live in the area asked for more information. Wouldn't it be great if we could cross pollinate and bring in new members from other clubs?! I know we have a few Willys built vehicles show up at our meets...but I think it would be wonderful to have a full row of CJs, wagons, trucks and Aeros at a national.

I will be attending the national. I had planned to bring the Jeepster but I sold it to a friend at the Willys meet. So, I'm back to the drawing board!

xkssfrank

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
I will be sending in my entry for the National Convention, have a 1953 Kaiser Dragon restored, need right side outside mirror, can anything work there or? LS is chrome old style, any motel rooms available??

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 09:53:52 AM »
What are the dates?   I am a Buick Club member and our National is in South Bend Indiana from July 16-20 and I should know today or near-if I am elected to their National Board of Directors. If so, obviously, attendance to that meet would be mandatory for me.  I have been checking other events, some car related some not, to see if I can piggyback.

Having sold the Virginian I am no longer a KFOCI member, but joining is no big issue, I just got too many old car memberships in a short span and dropped a few. 

Dates? 
No old cars owned.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:56:29 AM »
July 29-Aug 4, per website here, sorry answered my own question.

Do leave a note here if you are attending and what you have.  On the Buick Club website which is sponsored by the AACA, many of the forum members are meeting for a breakfast so we can place a face to a name. While the KF convention isn't as large, it would be nice for forum regulars to see each other that do attend. 
No old cars owned.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 10:24:11 AM »
May attend, May 3-4 only because of kids' commitments.  49Roadmaster, what Virginian did you have and where did it go?

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »
Logan
I had Virginian #612 which was a Polar Grey/Turquoise car. It was a rough field car from Minnesota and I had to give up on it, too much work for me and expense. It was parted out with some of the rare parts saved and then went to be crushed.  I think I (we) did alright by it because it had been offered for sale for 20 years and had suburbs encroaching on it with much damage caused by vandalism.  Some members knew of it and passed on it. I had a $1000 in it.  The car suffered from that outside storage with broken windows.  I think when it was parked it was restorable.   
No old cars owned.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »
Okay, good to get some usable parts from it.

superior1980

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »
I'm not a member of the Kaiser Frazer Club, but I do appreciate the cars from K-F.  I live only about a 90 minute drive from Shipshawanna, so I was wondering if there is a designated Show Day and where it is being held, as I'd like to come by for the day and look around.  Thanks for your time!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 07:43:51 PM »
The car show is slated for Wednesday. That evening, we'll be hosting a car show/cruise in at the host hotel, the Amish Country Inn.