Author Topic: Links Member websites  (Read 1395 times)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
Links Member websites
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »
I went to "Links" then "Member websites" and noticed that some don't work anymore. Actually I have had this KF site in my "favorites for quiet a few years, and just now became an owner, yet I noticed this a long time ago. I would like to add my website if possible. I am not sure who to ask, so here I am Asking, haha, Also, I think it would be great if other members would like to add their website too. If you are thinking, "well I don't have a business and this is just a hobby, and you don't want to pay money for a site" Here's what I did, I went to google, typed in "Free website" found one that is not alot of space, and yes, does carry adds, but it's FREE. They also had step to step instructions for downloading you pictures of you very cool Frazer, or Kaiser, or both haha, along with other things. I went to www.webs.com But There are many, so if you have thought that would be a fun thing to do, or try, do it. It's free, so no cost if you can't figure it out, and it's fun sharing yor hobby with friends, family and other car nuts around the world. Check my site out if you haven't to give you an idea if you are interested. I am not computer smart, and I figures it out, so trust me you can too. One other item I would like to see possible if it is. How about a chat room? Perhaps you can have a member be a moniter of the room once a week or so, say open for one hour or so. Just a thought.
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Links Member websites
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:25:46 PM »
Well, Chris is the webmaster, so posting here will eventually get his attention. If you want you could go to the "contacts" drop-down in the menu and send him a message to add your site. Free websites are fun, and getting a pay site up is cheap now too. As for ads, if you aren't running internet explorer you can get the adblock extension and not see ANY ads again. I just use my site for image hosting. I used to do photoshop work on a well known internet humor site/forum, so having permanent hosting was nice. I'm a visual person. I'd rather post a picture than spend too much time describing what I mean, and having your own site means never having to worry about your pictures going away for someone else's arbitrary rules or needs.

I don't know how Chris feels about a chat room, but maybe it would be easier if we made a special section of the forum for chat and met at a specific time to blather at each other. I think most of us type slow enough that a real chat room wouldn't be necessary.
KFOCI #9798